Pseudomonas Sensitivity

A

Ajax

Hello everyone, my name is Rami and i was wondering why does the pseudomonas test still positive after taking an antibiotic which is supposed sensitive to . My pseudomonas sensitivity test always shows that it is sensitive to cipro and still tests + after taking the cipro for 20 days. The same thing happened with iv antibiotics!

Drea

Hi Rami,We have been told that once you have pseudo you always have it if you were fully colonized with it. That said, My daughter cultured it but about a year ago her culture cam back negative. 4 months ago another sputum test showed she was still free of it. I think it is because she has been on Inhaled Tobi for a long long time. (we alternate every other month with bactrum. Hope this helpsAndrea

Merlin

Sorry to say, but once you have a full colony of pseudo, you dont get rid of it. Its very rare for people who have a full colony to get rid of it.. the longer its there the rarer it is to get rid of it. I have cultured pseudo for over 8 years now.. I have +++ (which is the most you can have.. 3/3) and no matter what drugs I take I cant even make a dent.Try talking to your doctor about how much there is and possible more tough regiments of drugs.Good luck,