Question about being cf accredited

cbcmom

Just wanted to make sure I'm clear on this. If a pulmonoligist is a doctor with a hospital that is a cf accredited facility, then does that make the doctor an accredited cf doc? Is it all one in the same or can it be one or the other? Thanks in advance, I'm confused.

cbcmom

Just wanted to make sure I'm clear on this. If a pulmonoligist is a doctor with a hospital that is a cf accredited facility, then does that make the doctor an accredited cf doc? Is it all one in the same or can it be one or the other? Thanks in advance, I'm confused.

cbcmom

cbcmom

cbcmom

thefrogprincess

Just because someone is a pulmonologist does not mean they specialize in CF. They treat all kinds of things, like emphazema, or other COPD conditions. An accredited CF center must provide not only pulmonary care but gastroenterology, nutrional and psychological care. They will also usually have a social worker who works specifically with CFers and their families.

thefrogprincess

Just because someone is a pulmonologist does not mean they specialize in CF. They treat all kinds of things, like emphazema, or other COPD conditions. An accredited CF center must provide not only pulmonary care but gastroenterology, nutrional and psychological care. They will also usually have a social worker who works specifically with CFers and their families.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

JazzysMom

The Center is accredited because whatever doctors that are there are agreeing to go by the CF Foundation recommendations on care, follow up etc.

Doctors can come/go from the clinics. That doesnt mean the clinic itself is no longer accredited or that the doctor takes the accreditation with them when they leave.

JazzysMom

The Center is accredited because whatever doctors that are there are agreeing to go by the CF Foundation recommendations on care, follow up etc.

Doctors can come/go from the clinics. That doesnt mean the clinic itself is no longer accredited or that the doctor takes the accreditation with them when they leave.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom