Question about Invitro and CF

SARAHSARH253

Hi there, I just had my first son August 17th 2007. We have been through hell to get him home and now are enjoying him and learning all about CF. My question is have any of you moms out there had invitro done after having a child with CF. I knew when I got pregnant I was a carrier, but my husband came back not being carrier..Wrong we found they only test for like 85% of CF. My husband has fell into a carrier after further testing. Curious if any of you made the choice not to risk having another child with CF or you just rolled your dice and took what god gave you? I'm soo torn about my upcoming decision..I just turned 30 yesterday, and ready to keep going. Thanks for your advise. Please don't me offended by my question...just seeking choices...

SARAHSARH253

Hi there, I just had my first son August 17th 2007. We have been through hell to get him home and now are enjoying him and learning all about CF. My question is have any of you moms out there had invitro done after having a child with CF. I knew when I got pregnant I was a carrier, but my husband came back not being carrier..Wrong we found they only test for like 85% of CF. My husband has fell into a carrier after further testing. Curious if any of you made the choice not to risk having another child with CF or you just rolled your dice and took what god gave you? I'm soo torn about my upcoming decision..I just turned 30 yesterday, and ready to keep going. Thanks for your advise. Please don't me offended by my question...just seeking choices...

SARAHSARH253

SARAHSARH253

SARAHSARH253

JazzysMom

We have a pregnancy section that covers this & probably other questions you have in great detail.

Although I am sure you will get feed back here, I think you would get a ton more in the pregnancy section.

JazzysMom

We have a pregnancy section that covers this & probably other questions you have in great detail.

Although I am sure you will get feed back here, I think you would get a ton more in the pregnancy section.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

jenlevy33

Sarah- my son was born in August & is 6 weeks old as well. I am a carrier & my husband is not so they say. We had a sweat test of 30.5 & a positive newborn screen. My son has no symptoms. If you don't mind what were some of the things you noticed in your newborn. We are waiting for the genetic tests to come back & it takes about 6 weeks!

jenlevy33

Sarah- my son was born in August & is 6 weeks old as well. I am a carrier & my husband is not so they say. We had a sweat test of 30.5 & a positive newborn screen. My son has no symptoms. If you don't mind what were some of the things you noticed in your newborn. We are waiting for the genetic tests to come back & it takes about 6 weeks!

jenlevy33

jenlevy33

jenlevy33

M

mneville

Hi Sara. Our son Aidan was diagnosed at 8 days old and only then did we find out we were both carriers for the DeltaF508. We were in your position as well and thought long and hard about how to have more children.

We finally decided that IVF/PGD was the best option for us. After 3 rounds of IVF, I became pregnant. Our son Gavin is now 4 months old and is healthy, no CF. It is not an easy decision but it was right for our family. And now that Aidan has a healthy sibling, it is the greatest feeling in the world for us. If you have any questions about it, I can give you contact information. We used Genesis Genetics in Michigan.

Enjoy your baby. Aidan is now thee and does everything his peers do. He is a big boy (43 pounds) and is incredibly healthy. He just does treatments to keep him there.
Megan

M

mneville

Hi Sara. Our son Aidan was diagnosed at 8 days old and only then did we find out we were both carriers for the DeltaF508. We were in your position as well and thought long and hard about how to have more children.

We finally decided that IVF/PGD was the best option for us. After 3 rounds of IVF, I became pregnant. Our son Gavin is now 4 months old and is healthy, no CF. It is not an easy decision but it was right for our family. And now that Aidan has a healthy sibling, it is the greatest feeling in the world for us. If you have any questions about it, I can give you contact information. We used Genesis Genetics in Michigan.

Enjoy your baby. Aidan is now thee and does everything his peers do. He is a big boy (43 pounds) and is incredibly healthy. He just does treatments to keep him there.
Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan