Question to all

ron72180

Hello,
I am a college student in Westchester, NY. I am taking a health studies course and my project is on CF. Now I have found a great deal of information regarding the illness throgh the site already, but I may need some more, somewhat personal information. For one I actually have a cousin who is 3 years old and has the illness. I was able to get a great deal of info from my family regarding his case, but Im sure everyone else's case is different. Some of the questions I have are:
~What are some of the treatments that you or the person in your life with CF currently taking
~What are some of the things that you and your families have had to plan for in the future. Like what practical tasks do you now think about
~Also, in your areas, are there any community services or anything of that nature that are available to you to help

If this seems odd to some then I am sorry, but I am very serious. As stated I have interviewed a family member with it, but I know different people have different situations. Any help would be truly great. Thank you so much for your time and co-operation.

Ron

anonymous

Hi Ron, I am a 16 year old male with Cystic Fibrosis. I live about 30 minutes east of Seattle, WA.

1) For treatments i am currently on, Ultrase MT-20's (enzymes to help digest my food), Multivitamin, Advair (inhaler thing, 1 puff twice a day), Right now im on Cipro the antibiotic cause im sick cause its cold season but normally i am on zithromax year round, that sometimes changes but always an oral antibiotic, I do Chest PT (clapping) every night, i sometimes do the Vest also, I do DNASE everynight also (nebulizer).
2) As for planning the main thing is making sure i will be able to continue doing all my normal treatments in college (im a junior in HS) that will be a big change as i wont be able to do the Chest PT anymore and will have to do just the vest and just planning on sending me out on my own in a couple years.
3) Im not sure what you mean by commmunity services to help me out but there are tons of fundraisers around here. There is the big Gala which around here raises several million dollars in one night for research as well as many other smaller events such as the CF Golf Tournament, the Stair-Climb, the CF Walk and probably some others i forgot. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, which is nationwide helps put on those events along with local volunteers.

If you need more help or clarification on any of my answers feel free to send me email at wake51@yahoo.com and ill get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope it helped and good luck on your project.

Jonathan