+/-'s of soy

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>markgw</b></i>
I am also of the understanding (but have not verified) Soy is rich in, or stimulates the production of, female hormones. perhaps the 'homosexuality ' claim isn't that ridiculous. This isn't 'Hate Speech' I just do believe homosexuality is a tragedy. Sorry, I know we're not supposed to think it, let alone say it.</end quote></div>

I am not sure the purpose of even bringing this up on a NUTRITONAL thread not to mention that I know many gay people who have never tried SOY let alone make it part of their regular diet. Lets return to the ?? at hand.

I was not aware of alot of potential for soy problems. I thought this was the least of any evils when dealing with allergies etc. I am far from an expert on it tho. Thanks for letting me post tho LOL!

markgw

your right , the comment was irrelevant in a forum such as this. I commented in response to a statement in the opening post. I cant claim to have gay friends ( I may have, but I don't know or care wether they are or not) . My feelings aren't personal, i just feel homosexuality excludes people from life's deepest experiences. i do, however have strong feelings about soy as i believe it was a factor in the disease that threatened my Son's life. That stated, this quote may be of interest;
"In 1992, the Swiss health service estimated that 100 grams of soy protein provided the estrogenic equivalent of the Pill."
- Cassidy, A. et al., "Biological Effects of a Diet of Soy Protein Rich in Isoflavones on the Menstrual Cycle of Premenopausal Women", American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (1994) 60:333-340.

What I have discovered that could be of real interest to CFer's is;
"Soybeans also contain potent enzyme-inhibitors. These inhibitors block uptake of trypsin and other enzymes"
I am no biochemist, but I have noted that there seems to be some feeling that the work of enzyme's is of increasing interest in the care of CF.

markgw

your right , the comment was irrelevant in a forum such as this. I commented in response to a statement in the opening post. I cant claim to have gay friends ( I may have, but I don't know or care wether they are or not) . My feelings aren't personal, i just feel homosexuality excludes people from life's deepest experiences. i do, however have strong feelings about soy as i believe it was a factor in the disease that threatened my Son's life. That stated, this quote may be of interest;
"In 1992, the Swiss health service estimated that 100 grams of soy protein provided the estrogenic equivalent of the Pill."
- Cassidy, A. et al., "Biological Effects of a Diet of Soy Protein Rich in Isoflavones on the Menstrual Cycle of Premenopausal Women", American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (1994) 60:333-340.

"Soybeans also contain potent enzyme-inhibitors. These inhibitors block uptake of trypsin and other enzymes"
I am no biochemist, but I have noted that there seems to be some feeling that the work of enzyme's is of increasing interest in the care of CF.

markgw