salt problems

kbquincy

Hi, does anyone have problems swelling after they eat salt? I can eat a very small amount and I seem to swell like a balloon in my face (eyelids included) and occasionally my legs. The doctors tell me it's not sodium, but they don't know what it is? They don't think it is my medicine or the low dose prednisone. Maybe a blocked salivary duct. I've tried lemon juice and massaging the facial area but it doesn't hurt. Anyone have a similiar experience? Thanks! Kim

kbquincy

Hi, does anyone have problems swelling after they eat salt? I can eat a very small amount and I seem to swell like a balloon in my face (eyelids included) and occasionally my legs. The doctors tell me it's not sodium, but they don't know what it is? They don't think it is my medicine or the low dose prednisone. Maybe a blocked salivary duct. I've tried lemon juice and massaging the facial area but it doesn't hurt. Anyone have a similiar experience? Thanks! Kim

kbquincy

kbquincy

kbquincy

coltsfan715

Unfortunately I can't offer any advice. I will add to what Patti said though. I too eat many foods with an ample amount of sodium and have never had a major problem with swelling. The only time I get even minor swelling is in my hands when I get extremely warm ... like being outside for extended periods.

Good Luck in figuring out the problem.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Unfortunately I can't offer any advice. I will add to what Patti said though. I too eat many foods with an ample amount of sodium and have never had a major problem with swelling. The only time I get even minor swelling is in my hands when I get extremely warm ... like being outside for extended periods.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />Good Luck in figuring out the problem.
<br />
<br />Lindsey