Satisfaction with treatment

tesorotiffa

I haven't really posted much, but I'm getting fed up so I need some opinions! I had my first sinus surgery 2 years ago. Before that, I had some sinus issues but nothing serious. My doc worked on me enough to where I finally gave in and had the surgery. Since I've had the surgery my health seems to have drastically gotten worse. In the past year I have been hospitalized about 6 or 7 times. The iv meds don't seem to keep me well for long at all. I had my last sinus clean out in July and my lung functions seemed to improve. Well I am now back on ivs for extreme shortness of breath and increased mucus production. I had a CT scan done and my sinuses looked bad again already. I've been on ivs for 2 weeks now and am starting to feel a decline already. I am really getting fed up with things! I don't know if it's a quality of care issue or if I am just suddenly getting worse with no end in sight. I read a post about someone getting their small sinuses cut out. Does anyone have anything to suggest? Are there better centers out there than here in LA?

tesorotiffa

I haven't really posted much, but I'm getting fed up so I need some opinions! I had my first sinus surgery 2 years ago. Before that, I had some sinus issues but nothing serious. My doc worked on me enough to where I finally gave in and had the surgery. Since I've had the surgery my health seems to have drastically gotten worse. In the past year I have been hospitalized about 6 or 7 times. The iv meds don't seem to keep me well for long at all. I had my last sinus clean out in July and my lung functions seemed to improve. Well I am now back on ivs for extreme shortness of breath and increased mucus production. I had a CT scan done and my sinuses looked bad again already. I've been on ivs for 2 weeks now and am starting to feel a decline already. I am really getting fed up with things! I don't know if it's a quality of care issue or if I am just suddenly getting worse with no end in sight. I read a post about someone getting their small sinuses cut out. Does anyone have anything to suggest? Are there better centers out there than here in LA?

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

LouLou

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your health difficulties. It makes sense to want to rule out the sinus issues causing problems with your lungs. Certainly it seems like a good time for a second opinion regarding your sinus surgeries and care.

Personally I don't have much sinus experience. I will tell you my allergist mentioned that there are only 3 really good sinus people in the US...perhaps it was world. One of them is at Yale in CT..not sure where the other two are. Perhaps a consult from one of the top 3 would be good.

Perhaps if you start a new post with title something like "Can you recommend a sinus doc/ENT in CA" someone might respond. Your current post title while it fits your post I think you'll get better sinus advice if you mention it.

Are you doing sinus rinses?

Have you had your sputum checked for Mycobacteria (ex. MAC)?

Ask what your IgE level is to see if they are watching for ABPA.

Good luck!

Lauren

LouLou

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your health difficulties. It makes sense to want to rule out the sinus issues causing problems with your lungs. Certainly it seems like a good time for a second opinion regarding your sinus surgeries and care.

Personally I don't have much sinus experience. I will tell you my allergist mentioned that there are only 3 really good sinus people in the US...perhaps it was world. One of them is at Yale in CT..not sure where the other two are. Perhaps a consult from one of the top 3 would be good.

Perhaps if you start a new post with title something like "Can you recommend a sinus doc/ENT in CA" someone might respond. Your current post title while it fits your post I think you'll get better sinus advice if you mention it.

Good luck!

Lauren

LouLou

Good luck!

Lauren

LouLou

Good luck!

Lauren

LouLou

<br />
<br />Personally I don't have much sinus experience. I will tell you my allergist mentioned that there are only 3 really good sinus people in the US...perhaps it was world. One of them is at Yale in CT..not sure where the other two are. Perhaps a consult from one of the top 3 would be good.
<br />
<br />Perhaps if you start a new post with title something like "Can you recommend a sinus doc/ENT in CA" someone might respond. Your current post title while it fits your post I think you'll get better sinus advice if you mention it.
<br />
<br />Are you doing sinus rinses?
<br />
<br />Have you had your sputum checked for Mycobacteria (ex. MAC)?
<br />
<br />Ask what your IgE level is to see if they are watching for ABPA.
<br />
<br />Good luck!
<br />
<br />Lauren