Side effects from meds after TX

brogerson

I am on a physio therapy program at the hospital and am not allowed to lift anything over ten pounds or even drive a car for three months. I know things will get better, I guess I am a little impatient. I am taking sleeping pills to help me sleep. I think the problem with sleeping is because I cant yet sleep on my sides. I never sleep flat on my back I am now forced to becasue side sleeping causes some discomfort

brogerson

I am on a physio therapy program at the hospital and am not allowed to lift anything over ten pounds or even drive a car for three months. I know things will get better, I guess I am a little impatient. I am taking sleeping pills to help me sleep. I think the problem with sleeping is because I cant yet sleep on my sides. I never sleep flat on my back I am now forced to becasue side sleeping causes some discomfort

brogerson

brogerson

brogerson

coltsfan715

Bob,

I doubt it will make you feel better about the sleeping thing but I will share either way. I always slept on my stomach pre transplant. Even if I went to bed on my side I ended upface down on my stomach. Well my incisions go frommy sides (under my arms) and onto my back - and I rolled over in my sleep one night after I was sent home from the hospital - maybe 3 weeks post transplant. I got stuck that way. I went to push myself up like I used to not thinking and just dropped myself onto my face because it hurt as I started to lift. I ended up having to slide and slowly roll off the bed. Funny now but not at the time.

As for the sleeping I still have times when I can't sleep well. For me I will sleep pretty okay now for a few months and then I have a few weeks where I just cant seem to sleep at all. It kind of comes in waves.

Congrats again by the way.
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Bob,

I doubt it will make you feel better about the sleeping thing but I will share either way. I always slept on my stomach pre transplant. Even if I went to bed on my side I ended upface down on my stomach. Well my incisions go frommy sides (under my arms) and onto my back - and I rolled over in my sleep one night after I was sent home from the hospital - maybe 3 weeks post transplant. I got stuck that way. I went to push myself up like I used to not thinking and just dropped myself onto my face because it hurt as I started to lift. I ended up having to slide and slowly roll off the bed. Funny now but not at the time.

As for the sleeping I still have times when I can't sleep well. For me I will sleep pretty okay now for a few months and then I have a few weeks where I just cant seem to sleep at all. It kind of comes in waves.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Bob,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Bob,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Bob,
<br />
<br />I doubt it will make you feel better about the sleeping thing but I will share either way. I always slept on my stomach pre transplant. Even if I went to bed on my side I ended upface down on my stomach. Well my incisions go frommy sides (under my arms) and onto my back - and I rolled over in my sleep one night after I was sent home from the hospital - maybe 3 weeks post transplant. I got stuck that way. I went to push myself up like I used to not thinking and just dropped myself onto my face because it hurt as I started to lift. I ended up having to slide and slowly roll off the bed. Funny now but not at the time.
<br />
<br />As for the sleeping I still have times when I can't sleep well. For me I will sleep pretty okay now for a few months and then I have a few weeks where I just cant seem to sleep at all. It kind of comes in waves.
<br />
<br />Congrats again by the way.
<br />Lindsey