soooooo tired

boxer13

I haven't slept in about four nights- for some reason I just can't. I cannot get comfortable and my ribs hurt so much. Any advice?

I am only 25 weeks now- is this normal?

thanks,

boxer13

I haven't slept in about four nights- for some reason I just can't. I cannot get comfortable and my ribs hurt so much. Any advice?

thanks,

boxer13

thanks,

JazzysMom

The baby might be sitting on something. Have you tried to get the baby to move by "prodding" your stomach? Just a thought.

JazzysMom

The baby might be sitting on something. Have you tried to get the baby to move by "prodding" your stomach? Just a thought.

JazzysMom

Scarlett81

I think it is normal, or at least common. When I hit 17 weeks or so I started having serious sleeping issues. I went 2 weeks with about 3-4 hours of sleep per night. No coughing, just tossing and turning. I suspect that I might have dust might allergies and even though I wasn't coughing, I did feel tighter at night. I got the pillow case and mattress covers and I think they have helped. I sleep better now, but I still toss and turn alot.
I think the sleeping thing is hormones. I mentioned it to my MIL and sister and they both said from the beginning of the 2nd trimester on, they barely slept. It is very common to have sleeping issues. My suggestion-get up and read something relaxing, baby books, name books, (something light and not too stimulating) watch tv, drink lavendar tea, a hot pack around my neck seemed to calm me. Get a pregnancy pillow-maybe it would help. And hope it is only temporary. With my pregnancy so far it seems like I get these things and they are annoying but they last for about 3-4 weeks and then they go away.

Scarlett81

I think it is normal, or at least common. When I hit 17 weeks or so I started having serious sleeping issues. I went 2 weeks with about 3-4 hours of sleep per night. No coughing, just tossing and turning. I suspect that I might have dust might allergies and even though I wasn't coughing, I did feel tighter at night. I got the pillow case and mattress covers and I think they have helped. I sleep better now, but I still toss and turn alot.
I think the sleeping thing is hormones. I mentioned it to my MIL and sister and they both said from the beginning of the 2nd trimester on, they barely slept. It is very common to have sleeping issues. My suggestion-get up and read something relaxing, baby books, name books, (something light and not too stimulating) watch tv, drink lavendar tea, a hot pack around my neck seemed to calm me. Get a pregnancy pillow-maybe it would help. And hope it is only temporary. With my pregnancy so far it seems like I get these things and they are annoying but they last for about 3-4 weeks and then they go away.

Scarlett81

mom2lillian

ALso ask your dr about unisom, it is very safe, widely used previously in pregnancy to help with morning sickness. My doctor said 100% fine to take btu check with yorus. I also bougth a preggo pillow. It is all hormones sorry to say.

best of luck

mom2lillian

ALso ask your dr about unisom, it is very safe, widely used previously in pregnancy to help with morning sickness. My doctor said 100% fine to take btu check with yorus. I also bougth a preggo pillow. It is all hormones sorry to say.

best of luck

mom2lillian

best of luck

cfmomma

I feel your pain. I haven't had a decent night sleep in about 2-3 months. My biggest problem has been restless leg syndrome. I have no problem getting comfy, I just can't stay that way because of the uncontrolable need to move my legs and arms. I am amazed that I can function with so little sleep. The only advice I can give is to not stress out by the lack of sleep. Get out of bed and do something, the longer you lay in bed the more frustruated you will get and sleep will never come. It's hell, but so worth it when you hold that baby for the first time!

cfmomma

I feel your pain. I haven't had a decent night sleep in about 2-3 months. My biggest problem has been restless leg syndrome. I have no problem getting comfy, I just can't stay that way because of the uncontrolable need to move my legs and arms. I am amazed that I can function with so little sleep. The only advice I can give is to not stress out by the lack of sleep. Get out of bed and do something, the longer you lay in bed the more frustruated you will get and sleep will never come. It's hell, but so worth it when you hold that baby for the first time!

cfmomma