Sweat Test Question

pypersmom

Hello- we have to take my now six month old for one more sweat test required by our peds office. She has already had one when she was one month old, the question is do the numbers tend to go up with age or should she still have around the same score?
thanks for you input

pypersmom

Hello- we have to take my now six month old for one more sweat test required by our peds office. She has already had one when she was one month old, the question is do the numbers tend to go up with age or should she still have around the same score?
thanks for you input

pypersmom

thanks for you input

pypersmom

thanks for you input

pypersmom

<br />thanks for you input

JazzysMom

Yes the numbers tend to go up in age & newborns are known for not having proper sweat amounts for appropriate testing.

IF you are trying to confirm a CF diagnosis, I would push for the genetic testing if there are enough symptoms to justify it. Sometimes with a low or negative sweat result, insurances dont want to pay for genetic

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Yes the numbers tend to go up in age & newborns are known for not having proper sweat amounts for appropriate testing.

IF you are trying to confirm a CF diagnosis, I would push for the genetic testing if there are enough symptoms to justify it. Sometimes with a low or negative sweat result, insurances dont want to pay for genetic

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />
<br />IF you are trying to confirm a CF diagnosis, I would push for the genetic testing if there are enough symptoms to justify it. Sometimes with a low or negative sweat result, insurances dont want to pay for genetic
<br />
<br />
<br />Good Luck!

Alyssa

yes and no... yes, like Melissa said numbers in newborns are not aways accurate, but I wanted to point out that, aside from testing too young and possibly not getting a good test result, the numbers do not just keep going up and up the older a person gets. Off the cuff, I'd say that generally speaking once a person is no longer an infant and if the test is done correctly at a CFF center, that number shouldn't change much for the rest of their lives.

Alyssa

yes and no... yes, like Melissa said numbers in newborns are not aways accurate, but I wanted to point out that, aside from testing too young and possibly not getting a good test result, the numbers do not just keep going up and up the older a person gets. Off the cuff, I'd say that generally speaking once a person is no longer an infant and if the test is done correctly at a CFF center, that number shouldn't change much for the rest of their lives.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

NYCLawGirl

I second what Mel said - get a genetic test if it's at all possible with your insurance. Sweat tests aren't the gold standard anymore in confirming CF diagnosis.

PS: love your little girl's name. I've never seen it with a "y" before - she'll be the envy of all us other Pipers!

NYCLawGirl

I second what Mel said - get a genetic test if it's at all possible with your insurance. Sweat tests aren't the gold standard anymore in confirming CF diagnosis.

PS: love your little girl's name. I've never seen it with a "y" before - she'll be the envy of all us other Pipers!

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />PS: love your little girl's name. I've never seen it with a "y" before - she'll be the envy of all us other Pipers!