sweat test results

NoahsMommy

well had Noah tested his test came back negative the numbers where 15 and 16. so they drew some of my blood to see if i am the carrier should be getting those results back soon. but i was wondering they say that people with CF have salty sweat. well mine is pretty salty sounds gross but when ever i sweat a lot on my head and get it into my eyes or mouth it burns and tastes pretty salty. but i have been really healthy my whole life is there a possibility that i am more then a carrier and have it without showing any symptoms?

NoahsMommy

well had Noah tested his test came back negative the numbers where 15 and 16. so they drew some of my blood to see if i am the carrier should be getting those results back soon. but i was wondering they say that people with CF have salty sweat. well mine is pretty salty sounds gross but when ever i sweat a lot on my head and get it into my eyes or mouth it burns and tastes pretty salty. but i have been really healthy my whole life is there a possibility that i am more then a carrier and have it without showing any symptoms?

NoahsMommy

eli

I'm glad to hear that Noahs results were negative, although i would still do a blood analysis just to make sure.

About you, hmmmmmmmmm i'm not realy sure. I guess it is a possibility, i'm keen to see what others have to say and also what the blood test shows.

Keep us posted!

eli

I'm glad to hear that Noahs results were negative, although i would still do a blood analysis just to make sure.

About you, hmmmmmmmmm i'm not realy sure. I guess it is a possibility, i'm keen to see what others have to say and also what the blood test shows.

Keep us posted!

eli

Keep us posted!

okok

I'm so glad to hear that noah's sweat test was negative!!! I hope that he is doing well and is healthy and all of this is just a scare you can put behind you!

As far as the carrier and saltiness question... i believe carrier's can be slightly more salty than your average person (the difference is VERY slight though.)

What you are probably noticing is that for most people salt builds up on the skin over time which can make it seem like your sweat is much saltier than it actually is. A sweat test measures the amount of salt in sweat over a time period of only 30 minutes for a defined sweat rate. (They clean off the skin, stimulate sweating using pilocarpine ionotophoresis and collect sweat for 30 minutes.)

So i don't think the saltiness of your own skin is a very reliable indicator of your carrier status especially since it is normal for some non-cf carriers to have saltier skin than other carriers of cf.

okok

I'm so glad to hear that noah's sweat test was negative!!! I hope that he is doing well and is healthy and all of this is just a scare you can put behind you!

As far as the carrier and saltiness question... i believe carrier's can be slightly more salty than your average person (the difference is VERY slight though.)

What you are probably noticing is that for most people salt builds up on the skin over time which can make it seem like your sweat is much saltier than it actually is. A sweat test measures the amount of salt in sweat over a time period of only 30 minutes for a defined sweat rate. (They clean off the skin, stimulate sweating using pilocarpine ionotophoresis and collect sweat for 30 minutes.)

So i don't think the saltiness of your own skin is a very reliable indicator of your carrier status especially since it is normal for some non-cf carriers to have saltier skin than other carriers of cf.

okok