Swimming pools

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I am confused on the issue with swimming pools. From what I understand I can swim in non public pools? Whats the difference if you have a whole bunch of friends and people that come over to swim in a home pool? I don't get it. What have your transplant centers told you about swimming with lung transplants? I wanted to bring this up since summer is nearly here. I'm a bit lost on the subject. Thanks!

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I am confused on the issue with swimming pools. From what I understand I can swim in non public pools? Whats the difference if you have a whole bunch of friends and people that come over to swim in a home pool? I don't get it. What have your transplant centers told you about swimming with lung transplants? I wanted to bring this up since summer is nearly here. I'm a bit lost on the subject. Thanks!

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator

Transplantmommy

The only thing that I have been told is that I can't go in rivers, lakes, or ponds to go swimming. My docs are okay with oceans as long as I have water shoes on my feet so I don't cut my feet if I step on something. They have not told me to not go in public pools.

I guess the difference between your own and public would be that, if there are a lot of people at the public pool, you don't know what, if any, germs they are carrying around. Having your friends at your house and in your own pool, you know your friends and can tell them to not come around you if they're sick...you can't do that at a public pool.

Another thing that I was told was no hot tubs...publi or my own.

Transplantmommy

The only thing that I have been told is that I can't go in rivers, lakes, or ponds to go swimming. My docs are okay with oceans as long as I have water shoes on my feet so I don't cut my feet if I step on something. They have not told me to not go in public pools.

I guess the difference between your own and public would be that, if there are a lot of people at the public pool, you don't know what, if any, germs they are carrying around. Having your friends at your house and in your own pool, you know your friends and can tell them to not come around you if they're sick...you can't do that at a public pool.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I guess the difference between your own and public would be that, if there are a lot of people at the public pool, you don't know what, if any, germs they are carrying around. Having your friends at your house and in your own pool, you know your friends and can tell them to not come around you if they're sick...you can't do that at a public pool.
<br />
<br />Another thing that I was told was no hot tubs...publi or my own.

EnergyGal

Hi Amber

You look beautiful in your photo

I would be concerned about going swimming after the pool was clearned with chlorine. I would find out before you enter. The fumes from chlorine are not good for anyone.

Take Care

EnergyGal

Hi Amber

I would be concerned about going swimming after the pool was clearned with chlorine. I would find out before you enter. The fumes from chlorine are not good for anyone.

Take Care

EnergyGal

Hi Amber

Take Care

EnergyGal

Hi Amber

Take Care

EnergyGal

Hi Amber
<br />
<br />You look beautiful in your photo
<br />
<br />I would be concerned about going swimming after the pool was clearned with chlorine. I would find out before you enter. The fumes from chlorine are not good for anyone.
<br />
<br />Take Care

summer732

I think I'm discovering that I am one of the more relaxed transplant patients out there. I've been in oceans and pools since my transplant. I've been in the rough ocean at the shore, the ocean and pools in Cabo. However, I have been warned about rivers, lakes, and ponds and have avoided those.

Don't stick yourself in a bubble. You have lungs so that you can experience life! Don't let it pass you by. Just be careful, don't overindulge, and do things within reason.

summer732

I think I'm discovering that I am one of the more relaxed transplant patients out there. I've been in oceans and pools since my transplant. I've been in the rough ocean at the shore, the ocean and pools in Cabo. However, I have been warned about rivers, lakes, and ponds and have avoided those.

Don't stick yourself in a bubble. You have lungs so that you can experience life! Don't let it pass you by. Just be careful, don't overindulge, and do things within reason.

summer732

summer732

summer732

<br />
<br />Don't stick yourself in a bubble. You have lungs so that you can experience life! Don't let it pass you by. Just be careful, don't overindulge, and do things within reason.