Taking Fiber Supplement

JazzysMom

I am curious if any CFers take additional fiber besides what they get in the food they eat. If so.....what brand & form? Do you see any results?

JazzysMom

I am curious if any CFers take additional fiber besides what they get in the food they eat. If so.....what brand & form? Do you see any results?

JazzysMom

Chaggie

I don't take a supplement but I do eat raisin bran every morning for breakfast, and I deffinately see results.

Chaggie

I don't take a supplement but I do eat raisin bran every morning for breakfast, and I deffinately see results.

Chaggie

lightNlife

Are you talking about needing fiber or roughage, because the two are very different.

I typically have more problems with things being too loose. However, if I do get stopped up (which is rare) my doctor recommended Benefiber. It's tasteless and can be added to anything.

lightNlife

Are you talking about needing fiber or roughage, because the two are very different.

I typically have more problems with things being too loose. However, if I do get stopped up (which is rare) my doctor recommended Benefiber. It's tasteless and can be added to anything.

lightNlife

C

Cutecurlz

I take Benefibre 2 times a day. Once in the morning and then again b4 bed. It helps me!

C

Cutecurlz

I take Benefibre 2 times a day. Once in the morning and then again b4 bed. It helps me!

C

Cutecurlz

Foody

Our son goes the other direction (too loose) but when I've needed (or done a cleansing system) I use psyllium powder mixed with 1/2 juice and half water. If you add a little oil along with it (olive) it will help even more. It is natural and non-habit forming. It also has some other benefits. A quick good search for more info.

Lots of water and backing off on constipating foods like dairy, bananas, cooked carrots. Adding more fiberous foods like whole grains, pop corn, prunes, spinach, unpeeled fruits and vegetables, etc. may help keep things more regular too.

Best wishes,

Foody

Our son goes the other direction (too loose) but when I've needed (or done a cleansing system) I use psyllium powder mixed with 1/2 juice and half water. If you add a little oil along with it (olive) it will help even more. It is natural and non-habit forming. It also has some other benefits. A quick good search for more info.

Lots of water and backing off on constipating foods like dairy, bananas, cooked carrots. Adding more fiberous foods like whole grains, pop corn, prunes, spinach, unpeeled fruits and vegetables, etc. may help keep things more regular too.

Best wishes,

Foody

Best wishes,

amber682

My son's doctor told us to use metamucil, citrucal, or benefiber (we use 1/2 tsp. once a day Metamucil). But this is because when his stools are a little hard or large he holds it in as long as he possibly can, making it worse. Two year olds are weird sometimes...

amber682

My son's doctor told us to use metamucil, citrucal, or benefiber (we use 1/2 tsp. once a day Metamucil). But this is because when his stools are a little hard or large he holds it in as long as he possibly can, making it worse. Two year olds are weird sometimes...

amber682