The Bell Curve

T

tarheel

I also posted this in the adult section, but I'm interested in getting everyone's info for this. The more complete picture I am able to make, the more accurate the answer to my question will be.

I recently read the article from 2003 about a surgeon who, studying the bell curve visited both Cincinatti and Minniapolis children's centers. (for those of you who have not read it, it was in the New Yorker, I believe, and I read it in the complete book called "Better" - A surgeon's notes on performance) Anyways, I told my mom about this and she revealed that she regretted not taking me to Minneapolis. She knew it was the best, as did some others. In the interest of full disclosure hospitals have recently revealed their point on this curve of performance of patients. (I'm going to spell it wrong like five times) What I am interested in is not why is this center the best, but can you get to the same point by a different route (If you know what I mean)
So, I am collecting info to "reinvent" the bell curve- Please, if you have time and are willing to disclose the following information, it would be extremely helpful. If you don't want public answers to be known, PM me, or if you don't want to answer some of the questions, even partial data is helpful.

1. Where did you primarily recieve your first 18 years of CF care? (Or a scaled down version- did you go to Minneapolis?)
Ex- AI DuPont Children's (or, no)
2. When were you born?
Ex- 10/23/1992
3. What are your mutations? (Or, scaled down, do you have DF508?)
Ex.- I only know the one DF508 mutation, not the second
4. What was your FEV1 %pred when you left your children's center for adult care? What is it now?
Ex- 45/45 (I just left so...)

Now that you know about me I would love your help in answering this question that is weighing so heavily on my mind. Thanks so much.

T

tarheel

I also posted this in the adult section, but I'm interested in getting everyone's info for this. The more complete picture I am able to make, the more accurate the answer to my question will be.

I recently read the article from 2003 about a surgeon who, studying the bell curve visited both Cincinatti and Minniapolis children's centers. (for those of you who have not read it, it was in the New Yorker, I believe, and I read it in the complete book called "Better" - A surgeon's notes on performance) Anyways, I told my mom about this and she revealed that she regretted not taking me to Minneapolis. She knew it was the best, as did some others. In the interest of full disclosure hospitals have recently revealed their point on this curve of performance of patients. (I'm going to spell it wrong like five times) What I am interested in is not why is this center the best, but can you get to the same point by a different route (If you know what I mean)
So, I am collecting info to "reinvent" the bell curve- Please, if you have time and are willing to disclose the following information, it would be extremely helpful. If you don't want public answers to be known, PM me, or if you don't want to answer some of the questions, even partial data is helpful.

1. Where did you primarily recieve your first 18 years of CF care? (Or a scaled down version- did you go to Minneapolis?)
Ex- AI DuPont Children's (or, no)
2. When were you born?
Ex- 10/23/1992
3. What are your mutations? (Or, scaled down, do you have DF508?)
Ex.- I only know the one DF508 mutation, not the second
4. What was your FEV1 %pred when you left your children's center for adult care? What is it now?
Ex- 45/45 (I just left so...)

Now that you know about me I would love your help in answering this question that is weighing so heavily on my mind. Thanks so much.

T

tarheel

<br />
<br />I recently read the article from 2003 about a surgeon who, studying the bell curve visited both Cincinatti and Minniapolis children's centers. (for those of you who have not read it, it was in the New Yorker, I believe, and I read it in the complete book called "Better" - A surgeon's notes on performance) Anyways, I told my mom about this and she revealed that she regretted not taking me to Minneapolis. She knew it was the best, as did some others. In the interest of full disclosure hospitals have recently revealed their point on this curve of performance of patients. (I'm going to spell it wrong like five times) What I am interested in is not why is this center the best, but can you get to the same point by a different route (If you know what I mean)
<br />So, I am collecting info to "reinvent" the bell curve- Please, if you have time and are willing to disclose the following information, it would be extremely helpful. If you don't want public answers to be known, PM me, or if you don't want to answer some of the questions, even partial data is helpful.
<br />
<br />1. Where did you primarily recieve your first 18 years of CF care? (Or a scaled down version- did you go to Minneapolis?)
<br />Ex- AI DuPont Children's (or, no)
<br />2. When were you born?
<br />Ex- 10/23/1992
<br />3. What are your mutations? (Or, scaled down, do you have DF508?)
<br />Ex.- I only know the one DF508 mutation, not the second
<br />4. What was your FEV1 %pred when you left your children's center for adult care? What is it now?
<br />Ex- 45/45 (I just left so...)
<br />
<br />Now that you know about me I would love your help in answering this question that is weighing so heavily on my mind. Thanks so much.
<br />