The Picky Eater Strikes Again

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Argh! For the most part he did okay this weekend, but he keeps requesting ketchup for a meal. Sunday -- he wanted a pickle sandwich on a hotdog bun and ketchup for dessert. So I buttered the bun and nuked it so he wouldn't detect it and he did okay, had some teddy grahams dipped in yogurt. I'd forgotten about the ketchup, a little while later he brought out the bottle and wanted some on his finger.

Supper he wanted a peanut sandwich then changed it do a jelly and ketchup sandwich. Bleah! So I said, how about a jelly sandwich with peanut butter on a spoon. Okay. Did the same thing again with the butter. But he lost interest in the sandwich. Ate a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter. Figured I'd get him to have a good bedtime snack.

Before bed he pulls out that darned bottle of ketchup and stands by the sink where I have all the oral syringes. Yep, I have to fill up an oral syringe with ketchup, then he goes for the salt. I make sure to give him a glass of whole milk, just cringing from the ketchup snack. Obviously he's craving the salt and he likes ketchup. Just wish he'd dip something in it instead of eating it alone.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Argh! For the most part he did okay this weekend, but he keeps requesting ketchup for a meal. Sunday -- he wanted a pickle sandwich on a hotdog bun and ketchup for dessert. So I buttered the bun and nuked it so he wouldn't detect it and he did okay, had some teddy grahams dipped in yogurt. I'd forgotten about the ketchup, a little while later he brought out the bottle and wanted some on his finger.

Supper he wanted a peanut sandwich then changed it do a jelly and ketchup sandwich. Bleah! So I said, how about a jelly sandwich with peanut butter on a spoon. Okay. Did the same thing again with the butter. But he lost interest in the sandwich. Ate a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter. Figured I'd get him to have a good bedtime snack.

Before bed he pulls out that darned bottle of ketchup and stands by the sink where I have all the oral syringes. Yep, I have to fill up an oral syringe with ketchup, then he goes for the salt. I make sure to give him a glass of whole milk, just cringing from the ketchup snack. Obviously he's craving the salt and he likes ketchup. Just wish he'd dip something in it instead of eating it alone.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

JORDYSMOM

Jordan used to dip fries in ketchup and just suck off the ketchup. He would use the same fry until it fell apart. Yucky. At least he's getting plenty of licopene. lol

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Jordan used to dip fries in ketchup and just suck off the ketchup. He would use the same fry until it fell apart. Yucky. At least he's getting plenty of licopene. lol

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose it's different than licking it off the fries. But having a couple 10 cc syringes full of the stuff just seems soooo nasty to me.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose it's different than licking it off the fries. But having a couple 10 cc syringes full of the stuff just seems soooo nasty to me.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member