Thinking of moving to America for transplant.

Busbie

Hi I am from Ireland and I am condidering all options for my TX so I would appreciate some advice. Can anybody tell me (approx figures)how much a transplant would cost in America? Would it be possible for a person who would have just arrived in the country to get insurance? The reason I ask this is because in Ireland the waiting list is very long and most people die on the list.

Busbie

Hi I am from Ireland and I am condidering all options for my TX so I would appreciate some advice. Can anybody tell me (approx figures)how much a transplant would cost in America? Would it be possible for a person who would have just arrived in the country to get insurance? The reason I ask this is because in Ireland the waiting list is very long and most people die on the list.

Busbie

Busbie

Busbie

Daverog75

Hello,

You may want to consider Toronto Canada. If you are a landed immigrant in Ontario I believe you still get OHIP (Ontarion Hospital Insurance) We do pay high income tax to have our universal health care system but it is worth it. The transplant list is not as long as it is in the States. My twin brother had his translpant in December and the surgery cost us $0 because OHIP covers all hospital costs including your medication while in the hospital, and your time in the hospital for recovery.

Dave,

Daverog75

Hello,

You may want to consider Toronto Canada. If you are a landed immigrant in Ontario I believe you still get OHIP (Ontarion Hospital Insurance) We do pay high income tax to have our universal health care system but it is worth it. The transplant list is not as long as it is in the States. My twin brother had his translpant in December and the surgery cost us $0 because OHIP covers all hospital costs including your medication while in the hospital, and your time in the hospital for recovery.

Dave,

Daverog75

Hello,

Dave,

Daverog75

Hello,

Dave,

Daverog75

Hello,

Dave,

Daverog75

Not 100% sure what it means but I am pretty sure it means you are living in Canada but not a Canadian Citizen. Basicaly the government knows you are here so you are not considered an illegal.

Daverog75

Not 100% sure what it means but I am pretty sure it means you are living in Canada but not a Canadian Citizen. Basicaly the government knows you are here so you are not considered an illegal.

Daverog75

Daverog75

Daverog75