Tiger 2--should I

mom2lillian

I have a decision to make, and quick. I have been inquiring about tiger 2 and my new clinic is participating and enrolling. They are eager to have me as they have zero, zip, zilch, NO adults (same for tiger 1). Anyway here is the pros and cons I see, give me some opinions--obviously I dont have alot time to mull, I am usually so decisive.

Pro
stats on drug look great, would love to take it
doing hypertonic 3x a day sure couldnt hurt
reimbursed for mileage
improved health
I have my own office if I got over my own weirdness I coudl just do it in my office (instead of going to the breastpumping room like I do for extra treatments now which is a pita and a con)
I would be in prime shape regardless for my next pregnancy
I would have longer at work to accomplish some stuff I want to do before getting pregnant
yada ya da you know

Cons
would have ot postpone pregnancy, we were planning to ge pregnant in feb/mar area.
72mile drive--one way (but 21 of that I already drive for work)
after study would probably have to quit while pregnant due to limited safety info so if I loved it that would be a huge bummer
I pretty much know what my lunch time would entail for next year
I would feel ubber obligated to be religious about 3x/day (ok this is also a pro)
I would be 30 when having second
I planned to go part time when I had second, I could still do this butI think chances I will get approved for part time out of the blue are less than after returnign from mat leave--hard to explain our system

mom2lillian

I have a decision to make, and quick. I have been inquiring about tiger 2 and my new clinic is participating and enrolling. They are eager to have me as they have zero, zip, zilch, NO adults (same for tiger 1). Anyway here is the pros and cons I see, give me some opinions--obviously I dont have alot time to mull, I am usually so decisive.

Pro
reimbursed for mileage
improved health
I have my own office if I got over my own weirdness I coudl just do it in my office (instead of going to the breastpumping room like I do for extra treatments now which is a pita and a con)
I would have longer at work to accomplish some stuff I want to do before getting pregnant
yada ya da you know

Cons
would have ot postpone pregnancy, we were planning to ge pregnant in feb/mar area.
after study would probably have to quit while pregnant due to limited safety info so if I loved it that would be a huge bummer
I would feel ubber obligated to be religious about 3x/day (ok this is also a pro)
I planned to go part time when I had second, I could still do this butI think chances I will get approved for part time out of the blue are less than after returnign from mat leave--hard to explain our system

mom2lillian

Pro
reimbursed for mileage
improved health
yada ya da you know

Cons

mom2lillian

Pro
reimbursed for mileage
improved health
yada ya da you know

Cons

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />Pro
<br />stats on drug look great, would love to take it
<br />doing hypertonic 3x a day sure couldnt hurt
<br />reimbursed for mileage
<br />improved health
<br />I have my own office if I got over my own weirdness I coudl just do it in my office (instead of going to the breastpumping room like I do for extra treatments now which is a pita and a con)
<br />I would be in prime shape regardless for my next pregnancy
<br />I would have longer at work to accomplish some stuff I want to do before getting pregnant
<br />yada ya da you know
<br />
<br />Cons
<br />would have ot postpone pregnancy, we were planning to ge pregnant in feb/mar area.
<br />72mile drive--one way (but 21 of that I already drive for work)
<br />after study would probably have to quit while pregnant due to limited safety info so if I loved it that would be a huge bummer
<br />I pretty much know what my lunch time would entail for next year
<br />I would feel ubber obligated to be religious about 3x/day (ok this is also a pro)
<br />I would be 30 when having second
<br />I planned to go part time when I had second, I could still do this butI think chances I will get approved for part time out of the blue are less than after returnign from mat leave--hard to explain our system

Havoc

I did Tiger-1 and it was often very difficult to balance the 3x a day dose and my work/social schedule. I also did not see any real improvement between drug and placebo, but that's me. I do as many studies as I can/qualify for, but I would not repeat the Tiger study even if I could.

Havoc

I did Tiger-1 and it was often very difficult to balance the 3x a day dose and my work/social schedule. I also did not see any real improvement between drug and placebo, but that's me. I do as many studies as I can/qualify for, but I would not repeat the Tiger study even if I could.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

mom2lillian

Lou Lou - nice to see you. This is the second phase 3 clinical and I do believe open label is allowed afterward though I might have read outdated/incorrectly interpreted. I have never done a study because like you said I dont normally qualify. I am excited to do it, even salt water 3x a day and increased compliance I am sure would help. Thanks for your thoughts I think the others I have chatted with have helped me see some light and I will probably go for it.

Jonathon. I too am concerned over my daily schedule, not so much the stuff during middle day, I can work with that easier but with fitting it all in the morning, I already get up at 4:30! Thanks for your feedback

mom2lillian

Lou Lou - nice to see you. This is the second phase 3 clinical and I do believe open label is allowed afterward though I might have read outdated/incorrectly interpreted. I have never done a study because like you said I dont normally qualify. I am excited to do it, even salt water 3x a day and increased compliance I am sure would help. Thanks for your thoughts I think the others I have chatted with have helped me see some light and I will probably go for it.

Jonathon. I too am concerned over my daily schedule, not so much the stuff during middle day, I can work with that easier but with fitting it all in the morning, I already get up at 4:30! Thanks for your feedback

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />Jonathon. I too am concerned over my daily schedule, not so much the stuff during middle day, I can work with that easier but with fitting it all in the morning, I already get up at 4:30! Thanks for your feedback