Tips to gain weight

nick9742

I've just started using the Scandishakes with a couple of scoops of ice cream in it which is about 1,000 calories. I try to drink 2 a day at least. They taste great...definitely better than Ensure since they don't have all those vitamins & minerals. I also snack on Pop-Tarts usually 2 between lunch and dinner as a snack and 2 before bed. I get the "S'mores" kind which are DELICIOUS! Graham cracker crust, marshmellow, and chocolate in one convenient pop-tart. 2 has about 400 calories. I drink the shakes with them if I can.

1 shake and 2 pop tarts = 1400 calories x twice a day..that's almost 3,000 extra calories just from snacks!

The fat total would come out around 80g in a day total. I've only been doing this for about a week but I've gained about 4 pounds. And it's very hard for me to gain.

If you like Pop-Tarts, this is definitely a nice snack plan that isn't too filling, and there's so many varieties of PopTarts there's almost something for everyone.

nick9742

I've just started using the Scandishakes with a couple of scoops of ice cream in it which is about 1,000 calories. I try to drink 2 a day at least. They taste great...definitely better than Ensure since they don't have all those vitamins & minerals. I also snack on Pop-Tarts usually 2 between lunch and dinner as a snack and 2 before bed. I get the "S'mores" kind which are DELICIOUS! Graham cracker crust, marshmellow, and chocolate in one convenient pop-tart. 2 has about 400 calories. I drink the shakes with them if I can.

1 shake and 2 pop tarts = 1400 calories x twice a day..that's almost 3,000 extra calories just from snacks!

The fat total would come out around 80g in a day total. I've only been doing this for about a week but I've gained about 4 pounds. And it's very hard for me to gain.

If you like Pop-Tarts, this is definitely a nice snack plan that isn't too filling, and there's so many varieties of PopTarts there's almost something for everyone.

nick9742

nick9742

nick9742

Sevenstars

My friends and I have discovered that you can combine Boost and icecream (and bailey's irish cream/kahlua) to make a really delicious tasting milkshake. Of course I wouldn't recommend this every day, but its nice for a treat sometimes.

I never had any problems with my weight, so I'm not sure how much this will help others, but I recommend eating little high calorie meals instead of a 'snack'. Say, instead of some pretzels that are really filling (but offer not much nutritional value) I would have a cheeseburger. Instead of popcorn, I'd have a small turkey sandwich with cheese. I also eat beef jerky a lot which doesn't have too many calories, but lots of protein and iron (I'm anemic). Other good snacks that I've found are dried fruit/trail mix, nuts, olives.

Sevenstars

My friends and I have discovered that you can combine Boost and icecream (and bailey's irish cream/kahlua) to make a really delicious tasting milkshake. Of course I wouldn't recommend this every day, but its nice for a treat sometimes.

I never had any problems with my weight, so I'm not sure how much this will help others, but I recommend eating little high calorie meals instead of a 'snack'. Say, instead of some pretzels that are really filling (but offer not much nutritional value) I would have a cheeseburger. Instead of popcorn, I'd have a small turkey sandwich with cheese. I also eat beef jerky a lot which doesn't have too many calories, but lots of protein and iron (I'm anemic). Other good snacks that I've found are dried fruit/trail mix, nuts, olives.

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

Solo

I was never overly concerned with my weight, I mean so long as I don't resemble Eric Forman or that McGlovin guy. Once in ahile I drink Carnation Instant Breakfast VHC drinks, as everytime I order my creons, I send the CF pharmacy the stub and they send me a case of those shakes. Grant it, I'll probably never be overweight, but as long as I'm not Nicole Richie skinny, I don't pay it much mind. I think I'm at a desireable weight for my height.

Solo

I was never overly concerned with my weight, I mean so long as I don't resemble Eric Forman or that McGlovin guy. Once in ahile I drink Carnation Instant Breakfast VHC drinks, as everytime I order my creons, I send the CF pharmacy the stub and they send me a case of those shakes. Grant it, I'll probably never be overweight, but as long as I'm not Nicole Richie skinny, I don't pay it much mind. I think I'm at a desireable weight for my height.

Solo

Solo

Solo