Tobi Interview

anonymous

Dear CFer:

My name is Larry, and I have been an independent consultant to the pharmaceutical industry since '92. I am currently working on a project for a company that wishes to learn more about how people with CF who are currently on Tobi (i.e. inhaled tobramycin only, not via injection) deal with the disease, and all of the other medications and devices you must contend with on a daily basis to manage your lives.

The project involves a 30-minute, recorded, telephone discussion between you and the interviewer (I will give you a toll-free number to call in on); the pharmaceutical company people will be listening in to the conversation. As with everything I do, all information is always kept absolutely confidential, especially your personal information. We are looking for a mix of ages in our study: 12 and under (in this case we would need to be speaking with the caregiver, not the child), and 13-20 (we would probably be speaking directly with the CFer). As noted above, Tobi (inhaled tobramycin) must be a part of your current treatment plan to qualify for participation in the project. Please note that the last day an interview can be conducted is Friday - August 19th. If you are interested, please send me an e-mail noting the following:

" the age of the CFer
" the best dates and times for you to do the interview (2-3 choices should be sufficient)
" your consent to the interview being recorded

Upon receipt of your reply, and provided we have not already fully recruited the study (we are only looking for a total of six CFers), I will get back to you letting you know which of the dates/times you provided works best for the interview. Also, at some point before your interview, I will ask you for a few details on your current treatment. After your interview, a $50 check in your name will be mailed to whichever address you provide. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail them to me and I will address them to the best of my ability. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Larry

tobtalk@yahoo.com