Tobi podhaler

bigstar

is anyone here using Tobi podhaler? Id love to hear your experiences! Please share some info with us: Is it tolerable? any side effects? what about your pfts?<br><br>When is it coming out in Europe?<br>

bigstar

is anyone here using Tobi podhaler? Id love to hear your experiences! Please share some info with us: Is it tolerable? any side effects? what about your pfts?<br><br>When is it coming out in Europe?<br>

bigstar

K

Keepercjr

Vasiliki

There was a thread about this last month. As far as my doctors know it is not available in the US yet. No idea about Europe. It IS available in Canada though

http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=611188&highlight_key=y&keyword1=podhaler

K

Keepercjr

Vasiliki

There was a thread about this last month. As far as my doctors know it is not available in the US yet. No idea about Europe. It IS available in Canada though

http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=611188&highlight_key=y&keyword1=podhaler

K

Keepercjr

Vasiliki
<br />
<br />There was a thread about this last month. As far as my doctors know it is not available in the US yet. No idea about Europe. It IS available in Canada though
<br />
<br />http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=611188&highlight_key=y&keyword1=podhaler

bigstar

My doctor said it will soon be available everywhere even here in Greece! I was hoping someone from Canada would share info with us! im so looking forward!

bigstar

My doctor said it will soon be available everywhere even here in Greece! I was hoping someone from Canada would share info with us! im so looking forward!

bigstar

Tisha

My doctor mentioned that "maybe" they would shift us from Tobi to a competing brand (seems their patent is expiring) that would come as inhaler. No experiences yet here in Spain (where the government gives us the medication).

Tisha

My doctor mentioned that "maybe" they would shift us from Tobi to a competing brand (seems their patent is expiring) that would come as inhaler. No experiences yet here in Spain (where the government gives us the medication).

Tisha

L

lizlas

Tobi podhaler Daverog75 hows the podhaler ??

daverog75 had started tobi podhaler few weeks ago, hopefully he will let us know how its going...<br><br>Daverog75 how are you liking the podhaler????<br><br>I will be talking to my CF Doctor about it on tuesday.....<br><br><br>

L

lizlas

daverog75 had started tobi podhaler few weeks ago, hopefully he will let us know how its going...<br><br>Daverog75 how are you liking the podhaler????<br><br>I will be talking to my CF Doctor about it on tuesday.....<br><br><br>

L

lizlas

MichaelL

I've completed four weeks on the TOBI podhaler. I use it two weeks on and two weeks off rather than the traditional four weeks on and four weeks off. Here in Canada, the Podhaler is the same price as traditional TOBI - $3,400 for a one-month supply.

You have to take four capsules of TOBI twice a day. The capsules are inserted in an inhaler that punctures them and you inhale like with other inhalers. The medication also isn't refrigerated, which is a good improvement.

In terms of side effects, I've had a lot of ringing in my ears, BUT I started a new IV antibiotic at the same time as the Podhaler. I have had some coughing while I'm taking the Podhaler, but again that could just reflect my current health. I'm not sure I would consider it a side effect, but the medicine is very bitter in inhaled form. You will just want to munch on something or drink something afterwards to get rid of the taste.

I like the Podhaler a lot because it saves time and is much more portable than traditional TOBI.

I'm in Canada, and I haven't really heard when it's expected to be released elsewhere. It's kind of nice to be first for a change.

MichaelL

I've completed four weeks on the TOBI podhaler. I use it two weeks on and two weeks off rather than the traditional four weeks on and four weeks off. Here in Canada, the Podhaler is the same price as traditional TOBI - $3,400 for a one-month supply.

You have to take four capsules of TOBI twice a day. The capsules are inserted in an inhaler that punctures them and you inhale like with other inhalers. The medication also isn't refrigerated, which is a good improvement.

In terms of side effects, I've had a lot of ringing in my ears, BUT I started a new IV antibiotic at the same time as the Podhaler. I have had some coughing while I'm taking the Podhaler, but again that could just reflect my current health. I'm not sure I would consider it a side effect, but the medicine is very bitter in inhaled form. You will just want to munch on something or drink something afterwards to get rid of the taste.

I like the Podhaler a lot because it saves time and is much more portable than traditional TOBI.

I'm in Canada, and I haven't really heard when it's expected to be released elsewhere. It's kind of nice to be first for a change.