Transferring out of state

I

IG

Hey everybody, I'm in my first year of college at UTSA (University of Texas @ San Antonio) and I plan to transfer out after the end of this school year. My three choices for Transfer are University of Michigan @ Ann Arbor, University of California @ Irvine, or University of Texas @ Dallas. Now I know since I'd be moving in state, the UTD isn't going to be a problem. I already have my transplant doctor up there, and know tons of medical people, and I'm already on Medicaid. So that stuff is already set up. Now I'm wondering if anybody has any advice on the other two? CF Doctors/ Difficulties with the CF clinics/ Medicaid or insurance. Any thoughts/ opinions on the schools of choice? Anyway I thought I'd just put this out as a random question... Of course this all depends if I actually get accepted to these schools *crosses fingers*

MullMuzzler

Hey....i live in Michigan...the U of M school in Ann Arbor is real nice i have a few buddys that got there! And the good thing is if you come here...you can have your CF Team at the Hospital! its withen Walking distance of that giant campus!

I was just there yesterday and had my check up. I just switched docs from Lansing too. My new Doc is great he's real nice and down to earth! if ya want some more info you can Messenger me i have Yahoo and AIM. i think we have talked before.

anonymous

Stay out of CA if you can, they offer little to NO assitance to those with CF. And I don't believe your medicaid is transferable from state to state, I think you have to reapply. We did when we moved from WA to CA. We are struggling big time, because all the help we were getting in WA is not avilable here.

cfgirl38

I go to the Uof M hospital as well. My Cf team is great. You can call at any time someone will answer your questions. I have never called and not gotten a response back from someone. I can also email my CF team and get a response if it's not an emergency. I think they are very supportive. Eva

I

IG

Eva I read in another post that you live in Birchrun? Lol, small world, I used to live in Flint. That's one of the reasons why I'm applying to University of Michigan @ Ann Arbor, there's no place like Michigan. I applied to UofM @ Flint last year and got in but decided that I didn't like it as much as I had in the past.

anonymous

Hey guys, I'm from Michigan too! Used to go to U of M - Dearborn. I don't live there anymore, but my sister lives near Flint now. Small world!
Martha, 29, CF

anonymous

My only concern would be the weather. Sometimes cold bothers my CF (I live in Ohio, which is dreary, overcast and gross a lot during the winter, not to mention cold from Lake Erie). So I don't know if warmer climates would/could be better for you. I've never gotten to experience that before, but knowing what living in a dorm is like, in Ohio. And the colds/flus just keep getting passed around. I don't know, it's just something to think about. Good luck to you.

anonymous

I have to say the winter's are not my favorite time. It's way to cold. The cold really bother's me when I come in or go out but when I'm in in it I'm ok. I cough my head off until I get used to it I guess. But I love the Fall, Summer & sometimes spring. Spring and winter are my worst. Summer if it's humid. It really wasn't that bad this summer humidity wise, just a couple weeks. As for schools, I went to Mott for a few semesters and didn't like it. So I chose to become a manager at a dept store. Anyway it's really nice to know all of you who have had a taste of all 4 seasons. Eva