update

Vampy

I have been thinking of having a second baby. But this time i don't want to be taken by surprise and not know what to do or how to do it or when to do it. meaning drs and appointments. When i was pregnant with lucas, i really didn't know what to do or what to expect. I do know i am getting older, i'll be 25 this october, though its still young, i know the older i get the harder it may be for me to conceive. Knowing also on another note that when i was pregnant with lucas, i had no problems with my cf, only problems i had was i'm just really short which limited the room the baby could grow in. I need to know if there is any good advice for conceiving and what i should do when i am pregnant, things such "Go to the clinic and do a full vitamin level and talk to a nutritionist." knowing here there are women with cf and that had children id like to know some things you did to prepare or you did after finding you were pregnant. Was there any special things you did to your diet to accommodate the baby? I have a book about pregnancy and cf, says basically that you need to add calories. Example would be to add peanut butter to alot of things i may eat, or heavy cream. well i must go now, i'm not normally up this late but i'm doing laundry. i would appreciate the help, and the advice and the input.
Love
Vampy

Vampy

I have been thinking of having a second baby. But this time i don't want to be taken by surprise and not know what to do or how to do it or when to do it. meaning drs and appointments. When i was pregnant with lucas, i really didn't know what to do or what to expect. I do know i am getting older, i'll be 25 this october, though its still young, i know the older i get the harder it may be for me to conceive. Knowing also on another note that when i was pregnant with lucas, i had no problems with my cf, only problems i had was i'm just really short which limited the room the baby could grow in. I need to know if there is any good advice for conceiving and what i should do when i am pregnant, things such "Go to the clinic and do a full vitamin level and talk to a nutritionist." knowing here there are women with cf and that had children id like to know some things you did to prepare or you did after finding you were pregnant. Was there any special things you did to your diet to accommodate the baby? I have a book about pregnancy and cf, says basically that you need to add calories. Example would be to add peanut butter to alot of things i may eat, or heavy cream. well i must go now, i'm not normally up this late but i'm doing laundry. i would appreciate the help, and the advice and the input.
Love
Vampy

Vampy

<br />Love
<br />Vampy

JennifersHope

I was not going to reply to this but I decided that I really need to. I totally understand wanting to have a baby.. Since I was a small child I used to stuff pillows up my shirt and pretend to be pregnant.. I always wanted a baby.

I will put away the fact that I think in a lot of situations I think it is selfish to have a child when you know you are going to have a shortened life span and that child is going to go through hell at best when you die.

I think it is totally irresponsible to think about having a second child when you have not been able to finacially support the first one you had. Didn't you lose him at one point and someone else was raising him. If you have another child, did you think about who is going to provide them with a stable home when you die? Who is going to buy them diapers, formula, pay for day care etc???

Having a child is dreamy, but reality needs to set in before you actually do it. Think in 10 years if your health deteriorates who is going to raise your kids. Do you have a job now that can support two children. What about your health can you do all your treatments and raise two kids?

If you can totally support two kids on your own, if you have a totally reliable person who will raise your two children together after you die, if your health can support your pregnancy as well as newborn years as well as raising a child into adulthood then go for it.

I don't mean to sound so harsh. I totally understand wanting a child. I even understanding flighty ideas but seriously this is another human life you are talking about. Think wisely, and if you think all those things will work out, I will be the first to congradulate you.

JennifersHope

I was not going to reply to this but I decided that I really need to. I totally understand wanting to have a baby.. Since I was a small child I used to stuff pillows up my shirt and pretend to be pregnant.. I always wanted a baby.

I will put away the fact that I think in a lot of situations I think it is selfish to have a child when you know you are going to have a shortened life span and that child is going to go through hell at best when you die.

I think it is totally irresponsible to think about having a second child when you have not been able to finacially support the first one you had. Didn't you lose him at one point and someone else was raising him. If you have another child, did you think about who is going to provide them with a stable home when you die? Who is going to buy them diapers, formula, pay for day care etc???

Having a child is dreamy, but reality needs to set in before you actually do it. Think in 10 years if your health deteriorates who is going to raise your kids. Do you have a job now that can support two children. What about your health can you do all your treatments and raise two kids?

If you can totally support two kids on your own, if you have a totally reliable person who will raise your two children together after you die, if your health can support your pregnancy as well as newborn years as well as raising a child into adulthood then go for it.

I don't mean to sound so harsh. I totally understand wanting a child. I even understanding flighty ideas but seriously this is another human life you are talking about. Think wisely, and if you think all those things will work out, I will be the first to congradulate you.

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I will put away the fact that I think in a lot of situations I think it is selfish to have a child when you know you are going to have a shortened life span and that child is going to go through hell at best when you die.
<br />
<br />I think it is totally irresponsible to think about having a second child when you have not been able to finacially support the first one you had. Didn't you lose him at one point and someone else was raising him. If you have another child, did you think about who is going to provide them with a stable home when you die? Who is going to buy them diapers, formula, pay for day care etc???
<br />
<br />Having a child is dreamy, but reality needs to set in before you actually do it. Think in 10 years if your health deteriorates who is going to raise your kids. Do you have a job now that can support two children. What about your health can you do all your treatments and raise two kids?
<br />
<br />If you can totally support two kids on your own, if you have a totally reliable person who will raise your two children together after you die, if your health can support your pregnancy as well as newborn years as well as raising a child into adulthood then go for it.
<br />
<br />I don't mean to sound so harsh. I totally understand wanting a child. I even understanding flighty ideas but seriously this is another human life you are talking about. Think wisely, and if you think all those things will work out, I will be the first to congradulate you.

K

Keepercjr

well if we're strictly talking about CF and pregnancy then you need to talk to your CF doctor and see what he/she says. You need to have adequate vitamin levels, good PFTs, a stable health history (ie you aren't needing IVs every 3 months) and a good support system.

But from a lifestyle point of view, I think there is a TON to consider. like JennifersHope said, you need to think about the future of your child(ren) and where your life is now. You and your bf are in school right? School is HARD while pregnant and with a little one. I dropped out of grad school because I couldn't handle the thesis project, my health and spending time with my kids - it was just too stressful. We have a wonderful support system. Both of our parents live nearby (my parents live around the corner and DH's parents live 10 minutes away). They help as much as they can. I know that if something were to happen to me, my children would be loved and very well taken care of - DH would have tons of family support. We have a stable home, extended family and stable lives. DH has a full time job that supports us and I stay home and do the home stuff with the kids.

Pregnancy isn't the hard part - full time child rearing is the hard part.

K

Keepercjr

well if we're strictly talking about CF and pregnancy then you need to talk to your CF doctor and see what he/she says. You need to have adequate vitamin levels, good PFTs, a stable health history (ie you aren't needing IVs every 3 months) and a good support system.

But from a lifestyle point of view, I think there is a TON to consider. like JennifersHope said, you need to think about the future of your child(ren) and where your life is now. You and your bf are in school right? School is HARD while pregnant and with a little one. I dropped out of grad school because I couldn't handle the thesis project, my health and spending time with my kids - it was just too stressful. We have a wonderful support system. Both of our parents live nearby (my parents live around the corner and DH's parents live 10 minutes away). They help as much as they can. I know that if something were to happen to me, my children would be loved and very well taken care of - DH would have tons of family support. We have a stable home, extended family and stable lives. DH has a full time job that supports us and I stay home and do the home stuff with the kids.

Pregnancy isn't the hard part - full time child rearing is the hard part.

K

Keepercjr

<br />
<br />But from a lifestyle point of view, I think there is a TON to consider. like JennifersHope said, you need to think about the future of your child(ren) and where your life is now. You and your bf are in school right? School is HARD while pregnant and with a little one. I dropped out of grad school because I couldn't handle the thesis project, my health and spending time with my kids - it was just too stressful. We have a wonderful support system. Both of our parents live nearby (my parents live around the corner and DH's parents live 10 minutes away). They help as much as they can. I know that if something were to happen to me, my children would be loved and very well taken care of - DH would have tons of family support. We have a stable home, extended family and stable lives. DH has a full time job that supports us and I stay home and do the home stuff with the kids.
<br />
<br />Pregnancy isn't the hard part - full time child rearing is the hard part.