Urine infection and cf related?

Chilemom

Does anyone knows if the urine infectin is some how related to cf? my daughter has a urine infection and today is her 5th day with antibiotic and she start fever again.
She dont want to eat anything, and she has a big cold as well, but her lungs are ok.
Doctor tell me to wait a couple of days to see if the fever goes away, if not i should call him...
What do you thing?...
thank you

Chilemom

Does anyone knows if the urine infectin is some how related to cf? my daughter has a urine infection and today is her 5th day with antibiotic and she start fever again.
She dont want to eat anything, and she has a big cold as well, but her lungs are ok.
Doctor tell me to wait a couple of days to see if the fever goes away, if not i should call him...
What do you thing?...
thank you

Chilemom

What do you thing?...
thank you

Chilemom

What do you thing?...
thank you

Chilemom

<br />She dont want to eat anything, and she has a big cold as well, but her lungs are ok.
<br />Doctor tell me to wait a couple of days to see if the fever goes away, if not i should call him...
<br />What do you thing?...
<br />thank you

Mockingbird

It could be because she is not getting enough water. Urine infections can be caused by not peeing enough (when we don't pee enough it gives the bacteria a chance to reproduce).

How have her bowels been? If she's been having constipation, then her bowels may be sucking up the water, or if she's been having diarrhea she could be losing all her water that way. She could also be losing water if she's sweating a lot. These are all related to CF.

Mockingbird

It could be because she is not getting enough water. Urine infections can be caused by not peeing enough (when we don't pee enough it gives the bacteria a chance to reproduce).

How have her bowels been? If she's been having constipation, then her bowels may be sucking up the water, or if she's been having diarrhea she could be losing all her water that way. She could also be losing water if she's sweating a lot. These are all related to CF.

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

<br />
<br />How have her bowels been? If she's been having constipation, then her bowels may be sucking up the water, or if she's been having diarrhea she could be losing all her water that way. She could also be losing water if she's sweating a lot. These are all related to CF.
<br />
<br />

Chilemom

Monckingbird
thank you very much... it could be, we are just starting summer and maybe it has been to hot and i didn´t give her enough liquid.
her pooh has been fine about 15 days ago, before that it was a bit flofy, typical cf pooh.
the problem is that now she dont want to eat nor to drink anything...
if you have any suggestion in how give herwater, milk, juice,please tell me.

Chilemom

Monckingbird
thank you very much... it could be, we are just starting summer and maybe it has been to hot and i didn´t give her enough liquid.
her pooh has been fine about 15 days ago, before that it was a bit flofy, typical cf pooh.

Chilemom

Monckingbird

Chilemom

Monckingbird

Chilemom

Monckingbird
<br />thank you very much... it could be, we are just starting summer and maybe it has been to hot and i didn´t give her enough liquid.
<br />her pooh has been fine about 15 days ago, before that it was a bit flofy, typical cf pooh.
<br />the problem is that now she dont want to eat nor to drink anything...
<br />if you have any suggestion in how give herwater, milk, juice,please tell me.
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS liked white grape juice. He wasn't a very good water drinker when he was little and I'd worry about whether he got enough at preschool because he didn't ask. So I'd remind his daycare director that he needed more salt and drinks during the warmer days.

As he got older, I'd give him gatorade (sports drink with electrolytes). Is she old enough for popscicles or frozen fruit bars?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS liked white grape juice. He wasn't a very good water drinker when he was little and I'd worry about whether he got enough at preschool because he didn't ask. So I'd remind his daycare director that he needed more salt and drinks during the warmer days.

As he got older, I'd give him gatorade (sports drink with electrolytes). Is she old enough for popscicles or frozen fruit bars?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />As he got older, I'd give him gatorade (sports drink with electrolytes). Is she old enough for popscicles or frozen fruit bars?