vx770

missT

What is a missense mutation? What class? I have r114h which I think is class 4. Is the G mutation class three or four?

Kristen

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>missT</b></i>

What is a missense mutation? What class? I have r114h which I think is class 4. Is the G mutation class three or four?</end quote></div>

The G mutation is a class three. I have the same gene as you (I'm assuming the 4 was a typo and you meant R117H), and I am DYING to know if this drug will work for other class three and class four mutations.

My understanding is both classes have a defective Cl- channel, but the manner in which it is defective differs. So, if it fixes a Class III mutation channel, can it fix a Class IV mutation channel?

Kristen

What is a missense mutation? What class? I have r114h which I think is class 4. Is the G mutation class three or four?</end quote>

The G mutation is a class three. I have the same gene as you (I'm assuming the 4 was a typo and you meant R117H), and I am DYING to know if this drug will work for other class three and class four mutations.

My understanding is both classes have a defective Cl- channel, but the manner in which it is defective differs. So, if it fixes a Class III mutation channel, can it fix a Class IV mutation channel?

Kristen

<br />
<br />What is a missense mutation? What class? I have r114h which I think is class 4. Is the G mutation class three or four?</end quote>
<br />
<br />The G mutation is a class three. I have the same gene as you (I'm assuming the 4 was a typo and you meant R117H), and I am DYING to know if this drug will work for other class three and class four mutations.
<br />
<br />My understanding is both classes have a defective Cl- channel, but the manner in which it is defective differs. So, if it fixes a Class III mutation channel, can it fix a Class IV mutation channel?

mamaScarlett

anyone sure about G551S? (no, not D, S)
I have heard conflicting things about class, missense, nonsense...don't know what to listen to. common sense would tell me its the same class as G551D.

mamaScarlett

I have heard conflicting things about class, missense, nonsense...don't know what to listen to. common sense would tell me its the same class as G551D.

mamaScarlett

<br />I have heard conflicting things about class, missense, nonsense...don't know what to listen to. common sense would tell me its the same class as G551D.

dasjsmum

I know from the 770 results that df508 people showed slight (clinically insignificant for validity)improvements in the sodium chloride channel...that tells me that the 770 does work for them (But not enough hence inclusion of 809), but also suggests that other genomes would react well to the 770 (not that know, but based on the trial results).

dasjsmum

I know from the 770 results that df508 people showed slight (clinically insignificant for validity)improvements in the sodium chloride channel...that tells me that the 770 does work for them (But not enough hence inclusion of 809), but also suggests that other genomes would react well to the 770 (not that know, but based on the trial results).

dasjsmum