Weightliftin Supplements

rcs8907

I am 19 and I have CF. I was wondering if it is bad for a person with Cystic Fibrosis to take weightlifting supplements such as creatine or NO Xplode?

rcs8907

I am 19 and I have CF. I was wondering if it is bad for a person with Cystic Fibrosis to take weightlifting supplements such as creatine or NO Xplode?

rcs8907

rcs8907

rcs8907

Fancymushroom

I am not particularly well read in this area, but from what i do know, I think that it wouldn't do you any harm. The only drawback of creatine is that due to it's osmotic properties it can cause dehydration, so you'd have to make sure you drink loads of water, preferably with electrolytes (so you don't get sodium/pottasium imbalance).

Creatine can also cause diarrhea when not well absorbed, again due to osmotic pressure, so if you had an iffy stomach it might be better to skip it.

As far as weight gain powders high in protein, I can't see how they are much different to high nitrogen feeds so as long as you get enough fluids and eat enough fibre, then they would be a good way to gain lots of muscle with your weightlifting.

Good luck and hope you see some huge strength gains!

Fancymushroom

I am not particularly well read in this area, but from what i do know, I think that it wouldn't do you any harm. The only drawback of creatine is that due to it's osmotic properties it can cause dehydration, so you'd have to make sure you drink loads of water, preferably with electrolytes (so you don't get sodium/pottasium imbalance).

Creatine can also cause diarrhea when not well absorbed, again due to osmotic pressure, so if you had an iffy stomach it might be better to skip it.

As far as weight gain powders high in protein, I can't see how they are much different to high nitrogen feeds so as long as you get enough fluids and eat enough fibre, then they would be a good way to gain lots of muscle with your weightlifting.

Fancymushroom

Fancymushroom

Fancymushroom

<br />
<br />Creatine can also cause diarrhea when not well absorbed, again due to osmotic pressure, so if you had an iffy stomach it might be better to skip it.
<br />
<br />As far as weight gain powders high in protein, I can't see how they are much different to high nitrogen feeds so as long as you get enough fluids and eat enough fibre, then they would be a good way to gain lots of muscle with your weightlifting.
<br />
<br />Good luck and hope you see some huge strength gains!

C

cfsucks

i currently take iso pro cooler (protein) and cytosport cytogainer (weight gainer with creatine and protein). i used to use iso mass extreme gainer, but since have switched to cytogainer. i have not seen any negative side effects other than weight gain. i did one day however have sore kidneys, and read that i should drink more water if that happens so i did, and it went away.

C

cfsucks

i currently take iso pro cooler (protein) and cytosport cytogainer (weight gainer with creatine and protein). i used to use iso mass extreme gainer, but since have switched to cytogainer. i have not seen any negative side effects other than weight gain. i did one day however have sore kidneys, and read that i should drink more water if that happens so i did, and it went away.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

JenWren

My advice would be to make sure you ask your doctor.

JenWren
Excellent question.
I looked into all that stuff a few times in my life and found that most of it has too much sugar and my heart told me to stay away from it.

Listen to your gut feeling and ask the doc.

JenWren

JenWren
Excellent question.
I looked into all that stuff a few times in my life and found that most of it has too much sugar and my heart told me to stay away from it.

JenWren

JenWren
Excellent question.

JenWren

JenWren
Excellent question.

JenWren

<br />
<br />JenWren
<br />Excellent question.
<br />I looked into all that stuff a few times in my life and found that most of it has too much sugar and my heart told me to stay away from it.
<br />
<br />Listen to your gut feeling and ask the doc.
<br />
<br />