weird question

ej0820

Ok, this may be weird, but...every once in a while, I get really bad heartburn, and when I do, I tend to cough a little more. Does this happen to anyone else?

thanks!

dresapp

Yes its called ACID REFLUX. Its very common in Cfers. Talk to your doctor and they can give you something for it. Usually Ranitadine(zantac).

MullMuzzler

I have had Acid Reflux disease for like 10 years...i have had/tryed EVERY pill under the sun! the one that REALLY works for me is Protonix!

Diane

I have had the same problem for years. I am now on Prevacid and it seems to do the trick. I've tried all the others and they just weren't strong enough, but so far Prevacid seems to be working very well.
~Diane 39 / cf / diabetes / b.cepacia

anonymous

Hey,
i take prevacid and it really helps. I eat tums often too. It's a good habit to get into b/c stomach acid can deactivate your enzymes if you take them and we all know how that feels later on.
Debbie
23 w/ Cf

anonymous

I'm given Losec for my heartburn and it works fine. I've changed to different ones so many times it's retarded

Ashley 20w/cf

Jo

okay i posted a message about a week ago saying i had this burning feeling and it got worse over the week,, i havent seen my doctor or anything about it,,, but yesterday i was in a health shop and bought some aloe vera juice and took some when i got home.. (i was in pain!!) i went to bed that night feeling fine and usually the pain is bad in the morning but im fine today no burning feeling or pain,, happy days!!! just thought i'd let ya know in care you would like to try it.

anonymous

Hey Jo - I just repied to another post about bloating etc - I take Aloe Vera Juice and think it's wonderful! Also eat slowly! that can help since our guts w/out proper digestion would not preoduce enzymes all that fast for a big dump of food at once Give it a chance! When i have a period of reflux i take Losec or some type of Metaclopramide

Jo

i think the aloe vera juice is great i would recommend it to anyone!! i havent had any reflux since i started taking it.