What do I do?

Robinadh

Hello, I have 8mth old twins. Jaxon was diagnosed at 3mths & Clara is a carrier. Iam so busy with them that sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough for him. His CF clinic has only given me the enzymes & has just started him on a nebulizer this past month. Is there something else I should be doing? He has had one cold so far & faired fairly well. They have swabed his throat twice & its been fine. Is there special cleaning I should be doing? We use lots of hand sanitizers & stay away from sick people. Now I hear that pets r bad & that I should be constantly cleaning his environment. How do I let an 8mth old be an 8mth old? He's just learning to crawl & puts everything in his mouth. I guess I just feel overwelmed. Also wondered if there is any parents out there with one twin with cf & one that's fine. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Robinadh

Hello, I have 8mth old twins. Jaxon was diagnosed at 3mths & Clara is a carrier. Iam so busy with them that sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough for him. His CF clinic has only given me the enzymes & has just started him on a nebulizer this past month. Is there something else I should be doing? He has had one cold so far & faired fairly well. They have swabed his throat twice & its been fine. Is there special cleaning I should be doing? We use lots of hand sanitizers & stay away from sick people. Now I hear that pets r bad & that I should be constantly cleaning his environment. How do I let an 8mth old be an 8mth old? He's just learning to crawl & puts everything in his mouth. I guess I just feel overwelmed. Also wondered if there is any parents out there with one twin with cf & one that's fine. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Robinadh

Robinadh

Robinadh

S

sdelorenzo

Welcome! I can imagine that you have your hands full. Good news that he is doing so well. I, too, wondered when my daughter was your kids age about what I needed to be doing. I just decided I couldn't control everything and just let my kids be kids. We do use sanitizer, and I used to try and keep my kids away from sick people. But now that they are in school, they are exposed a lot to sick kids. One thing I would recommend starting him on is CPT as preventative if you are not already doing that. Both of my kids started at 1 month old.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 10 month no cf

S

sdelorenzo

Welcome! I can imagine that you have your hands full. Good news that he is doing so well. I, too, wondered when my daughter was your kids age about what I needed to be doing. I just decided I couldn't control everything and just let my kids be kids. We do use sanitizer, and I used to try and keep my kids away from sick people. But now that they are in school, they are exposed a lot to sick kids. One thing I would recommend starting him on is CPT as preventative if you are not already doing that. Both of my kids started at 1 month old.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 10 month no cf

izemmom

Oh, my head aches, thinking about the last 5 months you've had! It's so hard at the begining. But, please know that it gets better. Right now, it's hard to know what to worry about, so you worry about everything!

You are already doing the smart, common sense things - staying away from sick people, getting him to his appointments...just being his mom! This will all help. The pets issue, I think, depends on who you talk to. Same with the "Extra" cleaning. SOme will tell you NO pets, others will tell you, heck yeah! Pets are great. My house is probably cleaner, overall, than it would be if it weren't for CF, and that's a good thing. But it's not spotless, by any means. (The one exception is the bathtub...we are downright obsessive about that! Oh, and the kitchen sink.)

If you haven't started CPT yet PLEASE ask your clinic to show you how. It will be SO much harder to start when he's older and you "Need" it. Personally, I think you need it now even though he's doing well. Keep learning about CF and keep asking yourself how you can make things as good for him as you can.

It will all become normal after a while, and you'll be able to let him be a regular kid. There are a lot of us here who know how hard it is right now and we've ALL been in that overwhelmed place. We're here, and we understand. It gets better, I promise.

Hang in there. I'll be looking forward to updates!

izemmom

Oh, my head aches, thinking about the last 5 months you've had! It's so hard at the begining. But, please know that it gets better. Right now, it's hard to know what to worry about, so you worry about everything!

You are already doing the smart, common sense things - staying away from sick people, getting him to his appointments...just being his mom! This will all help. The pets issue, I think, depends on who you talk to. Same with the "Extra" cleaning. SOme will tell you NO pets, others will tell you, heck yeah! Pets are great. My house is probably cleaner, overall, than it would be if it weren't for CF, and that's a good thing. But it's not spotless, by any means. (The one exception is the bathtub...we are downright obsessive about that! Oh, and the kitchen sink.)

If you haven't started CPT yet PLEASE ask your clinic to show you how. It will be SO much harder to start when he's older and you "Need" it. Personally, I think you need it now even though he's doing well. Keep learning about CF and keep asking yourself how you can make things as good for him as you can.

It will all become normal after a while, and you'll be able to let him be a regular kid. There are a lot of us here who know how hard it is right now and we've ALL been in that overwhelmed place. We're here, and we understand. It gets better, I promise.

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />You are already doing the smart, common sense things - staying away from sick people, getting him to his appointments...just being his mom! This will all help. The pets issue, I think, depends on who you talk to. Same with the "Extra" cleaning. SOme will tell you NO pets, others will tell you, heck yeah! Pets are great. My house is probably cleaner, overall, than it would be if it weren't for CF, and that's a good thing. But it's not spotless, by any means. (The one exception is the bathtub...we are downright obsessive about that! Oh, and the kitchen sink.)
<br />
<br />If you haven't started CPT yet PLEASE ask your clinic to show you how. It will be SO much harder to start when he's older and you "Need" it. Personally, I think you need it now even though he's doing well. Keep learning about CF and keep asking yourself how you can make things as good for him as you can.
<br />
<br />It will all become normal after a while, and you'll be able to let him be a regular kid. There are a lot of us here who know how hard it is right now and we've ALL been in that overwhelmed place. We're here, and we understand. It gets better, I promise.
<br />
<br />Hang in there. I'll be looking forward to updates!

Robinadh

Thank you so much for replying to my note. We are doing CPT once or twice a day for about 15min each session.
Was wondering why u have to keep the tub & kitchen sink so clean. No one told me about this.
We don't have a dishwasher. Should I be concerned about the dishes too?
Thanks again for your advise. Greatly appreciated!

Robinadh

Thank you so much for replying to my note. We are doing CPT once or twice a day for about 15min each session.
Was wondering why u have to keep the tub & kitchen sink so clean. No one told me about this.

Robinadh

Robinadh

Robinadh

<br />Was wondering why u have to keep the tub & kitchen sink so clean. No one told me about this.
<br />We don't have a dishwasher. Should I be concerned about the dishes too?
<br />Thanks again for your advise. Greatly appreciated!