what # do you have to be at to have oxygen?

SaltyAndSweet

Hi Sarah
This JUST happened to me. My nurse said "they" (insurance?) won't put you on oxygen until you drop below 88%. I was ok while sitting, but dropped during exercise (a short walk) to 85%. So they had me on O2 while exercising and sleeping. I turned in my pulse-ox machine thingy to the home health care company this morning from an overnight room air test. I have been on 2 liters of O2 nightly since I started IVs, but since my lungs are in better shape now, I bet I won't have to keep it up, until next time... (if these guys at work give me a cold I am going to strangle them!) LOL

Here at high altitude "normal" is around 94%, so with walking, I think you are doing alright.

SaltyAndSweet

Hi Sarah
This JUST happened to me. My nurse said "they" (insurance?) won't put you on oxygen until you drop below 88%. I was ok while sitting, but dropped during exercise (a short walk) to 85%. So they had me on O2 while exercising and sleeping. I turned in my pulse-ox machine thingy to the home health care company this morning from an overnight room air test. I have been on 2 liters of O2 nightly since I started IVs, but since my lungs are in better shape now, I bet I won't have to keep it up, until next time... (if these guys at work give me a cold I am going to strangle them!) LOL

Here at high altitude "normal" is around 94%, so with walking, I think you are doing alright.

SaltyAndSweet

Hi Sarah

SaltyAndSweet

Hi Sarah

SaltyAndSweet

Hi Sarah
<br />This JUST happened to me. My nurse said "they" (insurance?) won't put you on oxygen until you drop below 88%. I was ok while sitting, but dropped during exercise (a short walk) to 85%. So they had me on O2 while exercising and sleeping. I turned in my pulse-ox machine thingy to the home health care company this morning from an overnight room air test. I have been on 2 liters of O2 nightly since I started IVs, but since my lungs are in better shape now, I bet I won't have to keep it up, until next time... (if these guys at work give me a cold I am going to strangle them!) LOL
<br />
<br />Here at high altitude "normal" is around 94%, so with walking, I think you are doing alright.

Sevenstars

That's the number for me too. Most insurance (all insurance?) refuse to pay unless you hit 88%. That can be exercising, or at night though, so you can have your doctor run tests if you think you're running that low.

Sevenstars

That's the number for me too. Most insurance (all insurance?) refuse to pay unless you hit 88%. That can be exercising, or at night though, so you can have your doctor run tests if you think you're running that low.

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

Playswithpixels

My insurance also required that it stay at 88% or less for at least 5 minutes. Mine (at night) only dipped down to 88% for a few seconds and than picked back up. But the people at the O2 supply company managed to get me approved anyway. I have O2 for night & exercise. I don't use the O2 every night, only when I feel like I need it.

Andrea 32 w/CF

Playswithpixels

My insurance also required that it stay at 88% or less for at least 5 minutes. Mine (at night) only dipped down to 88% for a few seconds and than picked back up. But the people at the O2 supply company managed to get me approved anyway. I have O2 for night & exercise. I don't use the O2 every night, only when I feel like I need it.

Andrea 32 w/CF

Playswithpixels

Andrea 32 w/CF

Playswithpixels

Andrea 32 w/CF

Playswithpixels

<br />
<br />Andrea 32 w/CF