What Doc give for Staph?

Chilemom

today I receive her sputum culture and says she has staph. She don´t have any syntomps, and the bug appear in the second day of the culture, at the begining nothing appear, do you thing that this means something?
well, what your doctors give to you for staph?. sha had it two years ago as well.

Chilemom

today I receive her sputum culture and says she has staph. She don´t have any syntomps, and the bug appear in the second day of the culture, at the begining nothing appear, do you thing that this means something?
well, what your doctors give to you for staph?. sha had it two years ago as well.

Chilemom

Chilemom

Chilemom

<br />well, what your doctors give to you for staph?. sha had it two years ago as well.
<br />

JazzysMom

Regular Staph isnt normally treated unless symptoms are showing.

There are 2 reasons given for this. One is to avoid the regular staph mutating into MRSA and its been said that staph helps keep PA at bay &/or away.

I am a bit sketching on details, but that is the general idea!

JazzysMom

There are 2 reasons given for this. One is to avoid the regular staph mutating into MRSA and its been said that staph helps keep PA at bay &/or away.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />There are 2 reasons given for this. One is to avoid the regular staph mutating into MRSA and its been said that staph helps keep PA at bay &/or away.
<br />
<br />I am a bit sketching on details, but that is the general idea!

M

Mommafirst

My daughter regularly cultures staph a. If she has no symptoms, we don't treat. If she starts coughing after a cold, or just in general, we usually do treat. We have used Augmentin without much success lately. Now we usually do Bactrim. But we have had several occasions where one or both of those didn't stop the cough and we had to go to IV antibiotics. We get a clear culture for 1-2 months post IVs and then the staph seems to reappear by the next visit.

M

Mommafirst

My daughter regularly cultures staph a. If she has no symptoms, we don't treat. If she starts coughing after a cold, or just in general, we usually do treat. We have used Augmentin without much success lately. Now we usually do Bactrim. But we have had several occasions where one or both of those didn't stop the cough and we had to go to IV antibiotics. We get a clear culture for 1-2 months post IVs and then the staph seems to reappear by the next visit.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

krisgabes

I'm being treated for Staph now, and I'm on Zyvox. However, this medication is extremely expensive if your insurance company doesn't cover it. It's about $400 per pill! I know, its disgusting how much pharmaceutical companies can charge! Anyway, my doctor told me that the generic is Bactrim which is what I would be taking if my insurance didn't cover the Zyvox. It worked relatively quickly once I got on it.

krisgabes

I'm being treated for Staph now, and I'm on Zyvox. However, this medication is extremely expensive if your insurance company doesn't cover it. It's about $400 per pill! I know, its disgusting how much pharmaceutical companies can charge! Anyway, my doctor told me that the generic is Bactrim which is what I would be taking if my insurance didn't cover the Zyvox. It worked relatively quickly once I got on it.

krisgabes

krisgabes

krisgabes