What else can I feed my 6 month old to help with weight gain

BrettsMom

My 6 month old is 15 lbs. 6 oz, and according to the CF clinic, not good enough even though he's consistantly gained weight. They say he's not gaining enough weight.

I give him 3 scoops of formula, 2 of rice cereal, per 5 oz of water. I have also been adding 1 tbsp of heavy cream to each bottle. Even after all of this, he only gained 10 ounces this last month.

I asked about putting him on solids and the answer was no. They say if he doesn't gain more than a pound by his next appointment, he has to go on pregestimil, which I have tried on him and he hates.

He takes 1 Creon 10 with every feeding. I'm afraid if I give him more to eat, the enzymes won't be sufficient. I'm getting no assistance from the clinic with suggestions as to how to help him bulk up. They keep saying the Pregestimil is the fix all, but he hates it.

HELP.

Dori, mom of Brett - 6 months CF, DF508/3359delC, Brandon 2 - CF Carrier.

BrettsMom

My 6 month old is 15 lbs. 6 oz, and according to the CF clinic, not good enough even though he's consistantly gained weight. They say he's not gaining enough weight.

I give him 3 scoops of formula, 2 of rice cereal, per 5 oz of water. I have also been adding 1 tbsp of heavy cream to each bottle. Even after all of this, he only gained 10 ounces this last month.

I asked about putting him on solids and the answer was no. They say if he doesn't gain more than a pound by his next appointment, he has to go on pregestimil, which I have tried on him and he hates.

He takes 1 Creon 10 with every feeding. I'm afraid if I give him more to eat, the enzymes won't be sufficient. I'm getting no assistance from the clinic with suggestions as to how to help him bulk up. They keep saying the Pregestimil is the fix all, but he hates it.

HELP.

BrettsMom

HELP.

BrettsMom

HELP.

BrettsMom

<br />
<br />I give him 3 scoops of formula, 2 of rice cereal, per 5 oz of water. I have also been adding 1 tbsp of heavy cream to each bottle. Even after all of this, he only gained 10 ounces this last month.
<br />
<br />I asked about putting him on solids and the answer was no. They say if he doesn't gain more than a pound by his next appointment, he has to go on pregestimil, which I have tried on him and he hates.
<br />
<br />He takes 1 Creon 10 with every feeding. I'm afraid if I give him more to eat, the enzymes won't be sufficient. I'm getting no assistance from the clinic with suggestions as to how to help him bulk up. They keep saying the Pregestimil is the fix all, but he hates it.
<br />
<br />HELP.
<br />
<br />Dori, mom of Brett - 6 months CF, DF508/3359delC, Brandon 2 - CF Carrier.