Wheezing

kbquincy

Has anyone experienced wheezing and or the inability to breath as deeply as when they first got transplanted? My doctor prescribed an albuterol inhaler because my PFTs were down in the morning. It helped some. We recently checked for rejection and thankfully, there was none. It feels tight at times and I find myself puffing a little bit more. I can still exercise but it feels different. Also, it doesn't happen every morning. My PFTs are all over the place. Is there a plug that I can't get loose? It's worrisome.

kbquincy

Has anyone experienced wheezing and or the inability to breath as deeply as when they first got transplanted? My doctor prescribed an albuterol inhaler because my PFTs were down in the morning. It helped some. We recently checked for rejection and thankfully, there was none. It feels tight at times and I find myself puffing a little bit more. I can still exercise but it feels different. Also, it doesn't happen every morning. My PFTs are all over the place. Is there a plug that I can't get loose? It's worrisome.

kbquincy

kbquincy

kbquincy

summer732

It is very possible that you might have a plug. I still get them every now and then and to be quite honest they make me miserable. You can't get a deep breath in and they are difficult to move out. All you can really do is the old tricks, hang upside down, have someone pound on your back, do the huff cough, exercise. Eventually you should be able to cough it out and you will feel better.

You could always try a small bump in your prednisone too just for a little boost.

summer732

It is very possible that you might have a plug. I still get them every now and then and to be quite honest they make me miserable. You can't get a deep breath in and they are difficult to move out. All you can really do is the old tricks, hang upside down, have someone pound on your back, do the huff cough, exercise. Eventually you should be able to cough it out and you will feel better.

You could always try a small bump in your prednisone too just for a little boost.

summer732

summer732

summer732

<br />
<br />You could always try a small bump in your prednisone too just for a little boost.

coltsfan715

The only time the wheezing has happened with me was after a bronch. I had woken up in the middle of it and kind of panicked and that caused some irritation for me. The days following that I had some wheezing and some pain when I would breathe. Nothing major but who knows.

As far as what you are talking about have they done xrays and things of that nature.

The only thing that I have experienced where I felt tight - I could still breathe but it just felt harder is when I had some scar tissue growing inside my lungs at the anastamosis sight - or the suture sight where they put my new lungs in. I had scar tissue that was growing inward and starting to block my airway. As soon as they did a bronch they saw it and cleared it away and within a day I felt better.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

The only time the wheezing has happened with me was after a bronch. I had woken up in the middle of it and kind of panicked and that caused some irritation for me. The days following that I had some wheezing and some pain when I would breathe. Nothing major but who knows.

As far as what you are talking about have they done xrays and things of that nature.

The only thing that I have experienced where I felt tight - I could still breathe but it just felt harder is when I had some scar tissue growing inside my lungs at the anastamosis sight - or the suture sight where they put my new lungs in. I had scar tissue that was growing inward and starting to block my airway. As soon as they did a bronch they saw it and cleared it away and within a day I felt better.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />As far as what you are talking about have they done xrays and things of that nature.
<br />
<br />The only thing that I have experienced where I felt tight - I could still breathe but it just felt harder is when I had some scar tissue growing inside my lungs at the anastamosis sight - or the suture sight where they put my new lungs in. I had scar tissue that was growing inward and starting to block my airway. As soon as they did a bronch they saw it and cleared it away and within a day I felt better.
<br />
<br />Lindsey