Why coconut oil?

happyone

Just curious... I found a ton of people recommending coconut oil. I found it has the same fat content as all other oils I checked, olive, corn, walnut, etc... so why use it instead of other oils?

happyone

Just curious... I found a ton of people recommending coconut oil. I found it has the same fat content as all other oils I checked, olive, corn, walnut, etc... so why use it instead of other oils?

happyone

happyone

happyone

beccasmom

It is rich in Medium chain triglycierides which are healthier fat and easier to absorb. They do not need a carrier molucule in the gut to cross into the circulation and alot of CF patients are deficient in the carrier molucule.

beccasmom

It is rich in Medium chain triglycierides which are healthier fat and easier to absorb. They do not need a carrier molucule in the gut to cross into the circulation and alot of CF patients are deficient in the carrier molucule.

beccasmom

beccasmom

beccasmom

MicheleGazelle

I was told it was good for the gut. I have also been told (by a phd chemist) that it does good things for gut flora. And I have heard that medium chain triglycerides are good for pwcf. Whatever the reasons are supposed to be, I tried it and it helped. That's the real reason I recommend it: I found it does something for me and for my son wcf that nothing else does -- at least, nothing else that I have tried so far. After I began taking coconut oil, I stopped needing digestive enzymes. I was already doing other things that I believe were also necessary -- I mean, I don't think coconut oil by itself got me off digestive enzymes. I think it was the last piece of the puzzle to make it work.

MicheleGazelle

I was told it was good for the gut. I have also been told (by a phd chemist) that it does good things for gut flora. And I have heard that medium chain triglycerides are good for pwcf. Whatever the reasons are supposed to be, I tried it and it helped. That's the real reason I recommend it: I found it does something for me and for my son wcf that nothing else does -- at least, nothing else that I have tried so far. After I began taking coconut oil, I stopped needing digestive enzymes. I was already doing other things that I believe were also necessary -- I mean, I don't think coconut oil by itself got me off digestive enzymes. I think it was the last piece of the puzzle to make it work.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle