Will VX809/770 be effective in reducing mucous production?

baseballfrank

I have read a lot about the new drug and I am extremely excited. My question is will VX809/770 be effective in reducing mucous production? I think it will based on the fact that it fixes the sodium problem. There is a lot of talk about FEV improvement, but I haven't seen anything on whether it will reduce the phlegm production in the body.
I am 50 and my FEV isn't too bad. My problem is as I get older, the amount of phlegm my body produces is ridiculous. I have no problem getting it out because I do all my treatments and I exercise a lot. The problem is the volume my body produces. I'm hoping the new drug will help.

baseballfrank

I have read a lot about the new drug and I am extremely excited. My question is will VX809/770 be effective in reducing mucous production? I think it will based on the fact that it fixes the sodium problem. There is a lot of talk about FEV improvement, but I haven't seen anything on whether it will reduce the phlegm production in the body.
I am 50 and my FEV isn't too bad. My problem is as I get older, the amount of phlegm my body produces is ridiculous. I have no problem getting it out because I do all my treatments and I exercise a lot. The problem is the volume my body produces. I'm hoping the new drug will help.

Printer

If that combination "corrects" a mutation and that mutation begins to work correctly, it will remove mucus as it would in any CARRIER. Basically it will "turn" a CF patient into a CARRIER.

Bill

Printer

If that combination "corrects" a mutation and that mutation begins to work correctly, it will remove mucus as it would in any CARRIER. Basically it will "turn" a CF patient into a CARRIER.

Bill

baseballfrank

No in my case it is about volume. The consistency has always been the same. the volume has increased tenfold over the last few years.

baseballfrank

No in my case it is about volume. The consistency has always been the same. the volume has increased tenfold over the last few years.

regina65

I have found as I get older I have more mucus . I'm not sure if it's because of the bugs I have or me getting older.

regina65

I have found as I get older I have more mucus . I'm not sure if it's because of the bugs I have or me getting older.

Hardak

Some of it is age, some if it is also you've likely developed more allergies. Seems to be the case for me any way.

Hardak

Some of it is age, some if it is also you've likely developed more allergies. Seems to be the case for me any way.