Worried

A

Andrea

I'm so confused. When I read these boards I find so many times that people are saying that their CF doctors tell them almost the opposite of what our cf doctor tells us. Benjamin is a little over 5 months now and has been diagnosed since two weeks. He has a nebulizer but we were told not to use it yet;the doctor said he just prescribed in case we would have a sudden problem, but it is not a preventitive. Although when I read this site it seems that almost everyone is using a neb at this point. Then the carpet issue, we specifically asked the doctor if we should have it removed and he said as long as we vaccuum it is fine and not to worry (That it was not an issue with CF). Then I read post that say that other peoples CF docs told them carpet was bad to have. I guess I'm just confused. I know CF effects each person differently but I'm scared that we are not being preventitive enough. When I read what other people say their doctors tell them. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

A

Andrea

I'm so confused. When I read these boards I find so many times that people are saying that their CF doctors tell them almost the opposite of what our cf doctor tells us. Benjamin is a little over 5 months now and has been diagnosed since two weeks. He has a nebulizer but we were told not to use it yet;the doctor said he just prescribed in case we would have a sudden problem, but it is not a preventitive. Although when I read this site it seems that almost everyone is using a neb at this point. Then the carpet issue, we specifically asked the doctor if we should have it removed and he said as long as we vaccuum it is fine and not to worry (That it was not an issue with CF). Then I read post that say that other peoples CF docs told them carpet was bad to have. I guess I'm just confused. I know CF effects each person differently but I'm scared that we are not being preventitive enough. When I read what other people say their doctors tell them. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

A

Andrea

A

Andrea

A

Andrea

<br />I'm so confused. When I read these boards I find so many times that people are saying that their CF doctors tell them almost the opposite of what our cf doctor tells us. Benjamin is a little over 5 months now and has been diagnosed since two weeks. He has a nebulizer but we were told not to use it yet;the doctor said he just prescribed in case we would have a sudden problem, but it is not a preventitive. Although when I read this site it seems that almost everyone is using a neb at this point. Then the carpet issue, we specifically asked the doctor if we should have it removed and he said as long as we vaccuum it is fine and not to worry (That it was not an issue with CF). Then I read post that say that other peoples CF docs told them carpet was bad to have. I guess I'm just confused. I know CF effects each person differently but I'm scared that we are not being preventitive enough. When I read what other people say their doctors tell them. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

happyone

I feel this way all the time! I often find I'm asking my doc questions based on what I read here.
My daughter didn't use a neb until she was 9mos old, she was diagnosed at about 6 weeks. Up until then, she was showing no symptoms except for some asthma so she was just on albuterol and flovent.
As far as the carpet goes, my doc has never mentioned it. But he's also under the philosophy that some germs are healthy. Our first visit with the CF doc we asked about daycare... he said it was fine... I'm sure many others on line have found the exact opposite!

happyone

I feel this way all the time! I often find I'm asking my doc questions based on what I read here.
My daughter didn't use a neb until she was 9mos old, she was diagnosed at about 6 weeks. Up until then, she was showing no symptoms except for some asthma so she was just on albuterol and flovent.
As far as the carpet goes, my doc has never mentioned it. But he's also under the philosophy that some germs are healthy. Our first visit with the CF doc we asked about daycare... he said it was fine... I'm sure many others on line have found the exact opposite!

happyone

happyone

happyone

<br />My daughter didn't use a neb until she was 9mos old, she was diagnosed at about 6 weeks. Up until then, she was showing no symptoms except for some asthma so she was just on albuterol and flovent.
<br />As far as the carpet goes, my doc has never mentioned it. But he's also under the philosophy that some germs are healthy. Our first visit with the CF doc we asked about daycare... he said it was fine... I'm sure many others on line have found the exact opposite!

JennyCoulon

Is the doctor that you see a CF doc? I would say that everyone is different but the information should pretty much still be the same. I would maybe mention what you have seen from a lot us on the website about nebulizer treatments, carpet, etc and were wondering if this is true.

Also is the doc maybe a newer one like a resident? We have residents that always come in first b/c we go to the University of Nebraska Medical Center which is a teaching hospital. I would maybe mention the questions to the resp. therapist and see what their answer is. I would let them know about your concerns and see what they say. It is worth a shot.

JennyCoulon

Is the doctor that you see a CF doc? I would say that everyone is different but the information should pretty much still be the same. I would maybe mention what you have seen from a lot us on the website about nebulizer treatments, carpet, etc and were wondering if this is true.

Also is the doc maybe a newer one like a resident? We have residents that always come in first b/c we go to the University of Nebraska Medical Center which is a teaching hospital. I would maybe mention the questions to the resp. therapist and see what their answer is. I would let them know about your concerns and see what they say. It is worth a shot.

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

<br />
<br />Also is the doc maybe a newer one like a resident? We have residents that always come in first b/c we go to the University of Nebraska Medical Center which is a teaching hospital. I would maybe mention the questions to the resp. therapist and see what their answer is. I would let them know about your concerns and see what they say. It is worth a shot.

Gnome

Be glad the doctors probably see no problems yet. My son wasn't started on the nebulizer until he was 3. At that point they did a broncoscope and thought they saw some irritation in the lungs. My son still hasn't cultivated anything yet despite several throat swabs. I know CF is progressive so I know there may be problems in the future.

Gnome

Be glad the doctors probably see no problems yet. My son wasn't started on the nebulizer until he was 3. At that point they did a broncoscope and thought they saw some irritation in the lungs. My son still hasn't cultivated anything yet despite several throat swabs. I know CF is progressive so I know there may be problems in the future.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome