Xolair

Bauer

Hi guys,

I recently posted about how I've been on Prednisone for 3 years at a dose of between 5-30mg/day for ABPA. I would love to get off the drug as I suffer from severe anxiety because of it. I recently started taking sporax and am on a dose of 20mg/day. I heard from several people that Xolair is a great way to treat ABPA. If anyone out there has taken the injections or has experience with Xolair I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Bauer

Hi guys,

I recently posted about how I've been on Prednisone for 3 years at a dose of between 5-30mg/day for ABPA. I would love to get off the drug as I suffer from severe anxiety because of it. I recently started taking sporax and am on a dose of 20mg/day. I heard from several people that Xolair is a great way to treat ABPA. If anyone out there has taken the injections or has experience with Xolair I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Bauer

Hi guys,
<br />
<br />I recently posted about how I've been on Prednisone for 3 years at a dose of between 5-30mg/day for ABPA. I would love to get off the drug as I suffer from severe anxiety because of it. I recently started taking sporax and am on a dose of 20mg/day. I heard from several people that Xolair is a great way to treat ABPA. If anyone out there has taken the injections or has experience with Xolair I'd love to hear from you.
<br />
<br />Thanks.

Havoc

There was a user on here who is a big fan of xolair, I can't recall who it was but I'm sure if you do a search you will come up with something.

Havoc

There was a user on here who is a big fan of xolair, I can't recall who it was but I'm sure if you do a search you will come up with something.

Havoc

JenDiS

I am a big fan of Xolair. I get bi weekly shots to control my allergic asthma. I havent had any side effects with it or reactions. These shots have helped me deteremine what is an asthma flair up and what is CF acting up. I highly recommend trying it if you have the opportunity to. Its controlled my mold allergies and my exzema. I love it!

JenDiS

I am a big fan of Xolair. I get bi weekly shots to control my allergic asthma. I havent had any side effects with it or reactions. These shots have helped me deteremine what is an asthma flair up and what is CF acting up. I highly recommend trying it if you have the opportunity to. Its controlled my mold allergies and my exzema. I love it!

JenDiS

K

Keepercjr

Jen

How high was/is your IGE? I'm now seeing an allergist who is considering me for Xolair. My IGE is something like 3000 right now. My asthma is my main problem. I believe she said there are no studies to show its effectiveness with Asthma but that there is a bit of anecdotal evidence. I could be wrong though. At any rate I see her again next month. I'm really hoping to try the xolair!!

K

Keepercjr

Jen

How high was/is your IGE? I'm now seeing an allergist who is considering me for Xolair. My IGE is something like 3000 right now. My asthma is my main problem. I believe she said there are no studies to show its effectiveness with Asthma but that there is a bit of anecdotal evidence. I could be wrong though. At any rate I see her again next month. I'm really hoping to try the xolair!!

K

Keepercjr

Jen
<br />
<br />How high was/is your IGE? I'm now seeing an allergist who is considering me for Xolair. My IGE is something like 3000 right now. My asthma is my main problem. I believe she said there are no studies to show its effectiveness with Asthma but that there is a bit of anecdotal evidence. I could be wrong though. At any rate I see her again next month. I'm really hoping to try the xolair!!

Hi,

I have been on Xolair now for over 5 years for ABPA. I believe I was one of the first patients on it for this use and it has been a miracle drug for me. Before going on it, I was on prednisone for practically 10 years straight. Every time I got off, I would have an ABPA flare up. I have not been on prednisone since I started Xolair. I get bi-weekly injections and have never had a problem with it. I would highly suggest trying it, if it's an option.

Molly

Hi,

I have been on Xolair now for over 5 years for ABPA. I believe I was one of the first patients on it for this use and it has been a miracle drug for me. Before going on it, I was on prednisone for practically 10 years straight. Every time I got off, I would have an ABPA flare up. I have not been on prednisone since I started Xolair. I get bi-weekly injections and have never had a problem with it. I would highly suggest trying it, if it's an option.

Molly

Hi,
<br />
<br />I have been on Xolair now for over 5 years for ABPA. I believe I was one of the first patients on it for this use and it has been a miracle drug for me. Before going on it, I was on prednisone for practically 10 years straight. Every time I got off, I would have an ABPA flare up. I have not been on prednisone since I started Xolair. I get bi-weekly injections and have never had a problem with it. I would highly suggest trying it, if it's an option.
<br />
<br />Molly

S

sdelorenzo

My son had lot of problems last year due to undiagnosed ABPA. He was on steroids for a lot of the year though and now takes IV steroids 3 days a month to try and control ABPA. He is doing the IV steroids because his doctor doesn't want him on oral steroids. Glad to hear about Xolair.

Could someone explain if it is taken orally? Also, does the allergist or pulmonogist prescribe it? Are there any side effects? Do you have to go to the allergist office to get it?
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 9 and Jack, 7 both with cf, Grant, 2 and Paige, 4 months both without cf

S

sdelorenzo

My son had lot of problems last year due to undiagnosed ABPA. He was on steroids for a lot of the year though and now takes IV steroids 3 days a month to try and control ABPA. He is doing the IV steroids because his doctor doesn't want him on oral steroids. Glad to hear about Xolair.

Could someone explain if it is taken orally? Also, does the allergist or pulmonogist prescribe it? Are there any side effects? Do you have to go to the allergist office to get it?
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 9 and Jack, 7 both with cf, Grant, 2 and Paige, 4 months both without cf

S

sdelorenzo

<br />
<br />Could someone explain if it is taken orally? Also, does the allergist or pulmonogist prescribe it? Are there any side effects? Do you have to go to the allergist office to get it?
<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 9 and Jack, 7 both with cf, Grant, 2 and Paige, 4 months both without cf

mom4holly

my daughter takes xolair. we had to go through a huge insurance fight because apparently you aren't supposed to start it unless you are over the age of 12. it has made a HUGE difference in her!!!! she has had absolutely no side effects.....the only one who has felt the side effect is me since this drug is UBER EXPENSIVE!!!!!

We go to the clinic to get the injection, our specialty pharmacy curascript ships it directly to them.

mom4holly

my daughter takes xolair. we had to go through a huge insurance fight because apparently you aren't supposed to start it unless you are over the age of 12. it has made a HUGE difference in her!!!! she has had absolutely no side effects.....the only one who has felt the side effect is me since this drug is UBER EXPENSIVE!!!!!

We go to the clinic to get the injection, our specialty pharmacy curascript ships it directly to them.