Another Attempt at Health care Bill does not protect CF Pateints

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Got the following phone script to use from our CFF Rep.

Graham-Cassidy Bill Phone Script

Call (202)517-8215

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Hello, my name is
[/FONT]
[/FONT][your name here] [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]and I am a constituent of the Senator. I am calling in opposition to the Graham-Cassidy bill, as it does not protect people with cystic fibrosis and would make it harder for us to access affordable, adequate health insurance. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][I/my loved one has/had]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]cystic fibrosis (or "CF"), which is a life-threatening genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections, often leading to respiratory failure. More than 30,000 people have CF in the United States and there is no known cure. [/FONT][/FONT]
I can tell you firsthand that people with cystic fibrosis need access to high-quality, specialized care and adequate, affordable health insurance. The Graham-Cassidy bill fails to protect our community because it would create serious access and affordability problems and restrict the ability of people with CF to get the care they need by:

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Allowing states to reestablish high risk pools, [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Removing protections against annual and lifetime caps, including for the millions of Americans with employer-sponsored insurance, [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Eliminating the requirements for premium assistance and the individual mandate, which would drive up premiums and make them unaffordable for people with CF and their families, and [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Eliminating Medicaid expansion and drastically cutting Medicaid funding, which would reduce access to care and treatments for the one-half of children and one-third of adults with CF who rely on Medicaid as a critical source of health care coverage [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Once again, I urge the Senator to consider the critical role health coverage plays in enabling people with CF to lead longer and healthier lives and oppose the Graham-Cassidy bill. The bill fails to guarantee adequate, available, affordable health insurance coverage for people with pre-existing, chronic conditions like CF.

Thank you for your time.

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][Be sure to wait on the line because the staffer may need to record your name and address to ensure your call is logged. If you are leaving a message, be sure to leave your name and address, otherwise your call may not be logged.]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Friends, text RESIST to 50409 to send a letter to your representatives. This is a free and legitimate service that will send a letter to your Senators.

triples15

Super Moderator
Friends, text RESIST to 50409 to send a letter to your representatives. This is a free and legitimate service that will send a letter to your Senators.

Holy cow Ratatosk, that.was.awesome!!!

Thanks so much for posting it. Within a couple minutes they had faxed my letter to both of my representatives. They do it all for you. Wow!

Please everyone, if you don't think this bill is going to protect us but have been hesitant to call or write a letter, give this a try. So easy! Not gonna lie, it was almost fun. ;)

Thanks again for posting it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. I used the talking points from the CFF letter, added individual info and tada, two faxes sent. Especially easy to use the voice to text feature on my phone, so I dictated my info. While I've called and emailed, this is another tool in the toolbox. Especially for those of us who don't like speaking on the phone. :)

Imogene

Administrator
Today there may be three Senators who will vote NO on this new bill which will kill it...but remember 50% of our community is covered under Medicaid. "It's not over till it's over" Yogi Berra

Continue to contact your Senators.

Salt and Light,
Imogene