Any Canadians on here?

C

cfsucks

Are there any Canadians on here?
Anyone read this on the Canadian CF site?
http://www.cysticfibrosis.ca/assets/files/pdf/VertexCommunique_1%20May2012_E.pdf
Mentions up to a 2 year wait for Kalydeco to be approved in Canada- we have to petition this- this is ridiculous- by the time 809 is approved in the States we will just be getting Kalydeco!
We need to band together to get this drug here faster. Please post here or PM me if you are interested!

C

cfsucks

Are there any Canadians on here?
Anyone read this on the Canadian CF site?
http://www.cysticfibrosis.ca/assets/files/pdf/VertexCommunique_1%20May2012_E.pdf
Mentions up to a 2 year wait for Kalydeco to be approved in Canada- we have to petition this- this is ridiculous- by the time 809 is approved in the States we will just be getting Kalydeco!
We need to band together to get this drug here faster. Please post here or PM me if you are interested!

samb

I am from Edmonton, This drug doesn't target my daughters mutation but I would be more than willing to sign the petition!

samb

I am from Edmonton, This drug doesn't target my daughters mutation but I would be more than willing to sign the petition!

A

alegris

I don't have the mutation either but would definitely sign the petition. I read somewhere on the site that even people without the mutation can try Kalydeco to see if it makes any difference. I'm going to bring this up at my next appointment and see what they have to say.

A

alegris

I don't have the mutation either but would definitely sign the petition. I read somewhere on the site that even people without the mutation can try Kalydeco to see if it makes any difference. I'm going to bring this up at my next appointment and see what they have to say.

athletixbc

I've never needed that drug but my CF clinic has received special permission from Health Canada for other drugs in the past, and on fairly short notice. When ADEK vitamins stopped being manufactured, they found a replacement from the states and had it approved very quickly.

athletixbc

I've never needed that drug but my CF clinic has received special permission from Health Canada for other drugs in the past, and on fairly short notice. When ADEK vitamins stopped being manufactured, they found a replacement from the states and had it approved very quickly.