Awareness For Cystic Fibrosis ?

shanrocks777

<span class="postbody">I posted question about there being very little awareness as far as Cystic Fibrosis is concerned. Cystic Fibrosis is 1 of the top most lethal diseases in the United States 2nd only to Diabeties. The information I read on this didnt state where Cancer falls. My life has been impacted by all 3 of theses diseases. I have 2 neices with type 1 Diabeties one of them went undetected at birth which caused her to go blind, deaf and be mentally chalenged, my father, his father, a brother, and my sister Dee who also had <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailyfitnesstips4u.com/cystic-fibrosis-causes-picture-symptoms-treatment.html" target="_blank">Cystic Fibrosis</a> that caused her to get type 2 Diabeties.I had 2 grandparents who died from cancer, and a sister who had it. I dont think its fair for 1 disease to get more attention to others even if it means saving the Titantic or 1 person on a row boat wouldnt you want to save them all? I have come in contact with MANY KIDS with CF 2 of them being my sisters Misty&Dee who have both passed away. I want to make people more aware. I have a plan would you help? In their memory.

shanrocks777

<span class="postbody">I posted question about there being very little awareness as far as Cystic Fibrosis is concerned. Cystic Fibrosis is 1 of the top most lethal diseases in the United States 2nd only to Diabeties. The information I read on this didnt state where Cancer falls. My life has been impacted by all 3 of theses diseases. I have 2 neices with type 1 Diabeties one of them went undetected at birth which caused her to go blind, deaf and be mentally chalenged, my father, his father, a brother, and my sister Dee who also had <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailyfitnesstips4u.com/cystic-fibrosis-causes-picture-symptoms-treatment.html" target="_blank">Cystic Fibrosis</a> that caused her to get type 2 Diabeties.I had 2 grandparents who died from cancer, and a sister who had it. I dont think its fair for 1 disease to get more attention to others even if it means saving the Titantic or 1 person on a row boat wouldnt you want to save them all? I have come in contact with MANY KIDS with CF 2 of them being my sisters Misty&Dee who have both passed away. I want to make people more aware. I have a plan would you help? In their memory.

SIcklyhatED

I think there is a lot of awareness already out there. I wouldn't say that we're shunning the disease off to the side at all. Maybe it's just the area you live in, but from what I've experienced a lot of people know about the disease (maybe not expertly, but they've heard of it). There's just SO. MANY. diseases and conditions that are jibing for the "awareness spot" that it can seem like we're being ignored, but we're not. Along the lines of Titanic and saving everyone (which is noble of course) couldn't the argument be made that in order to save everyone we need to also focus on the smaller, lesser-known and often times more crippling diseases and account for them too? There are way worse diseases to have than CF, one because they don't kill you, but leave you in a state where death would be far more appealing than life. Just my 2 cents.

SIcklyhatED

I think there is a lot of awareness already out there. I wouldn't say that we're shunning the disease off to the side at all. Maybe it's just the area you live in, but from what I've experienced a lot of people know about the disease (maybe not expertly, but they've heard of it). There's just SO. MANY. diseases and conditions that are jibing for the "awareness spot" that it can seem like we're being ignored, but we're not. Along the lines of Titanic and saving everyone (which is noble of course) couldn't the argument be made that in order to save everyone we need to also focus on the smaller, lesser-known and often times more crippling diseases and account for them too? There are way worse diseases to have than CF, one because they don't kill you, but leave you in a state where death would be far more appealing than life. Just my 2 cents.

Gemmy

Banned
To highlight the growing need for awareness about cystic fibrosis, the CF Foundation recognizes the month of May as National CF Awareness Month. During this time and all year-round volunteers and people with CF and their families unite to help shine a spotlight on what CF is and the progress being made toward a cure.