Better system for cleaning and sanitizing nebulizers?

ladybird

Hi everyone. I was wondering what people think about the current system of nebulizer cleaning - i.e washing the nebulizers in the dishwasher or by hand, and then sanitizing via a baby bottle steam sanitizer. Is there room for an improved product e.g. combined dishwasher and autoclave, or just a small portable dishwasher that got a lot hotter? I find the whole process clunky and time wasting, and was thinking of trying to develop something better, e.g. via quirky.com or kickstarter. Thanks.

triples15

Super Moderator
Hey Ladybird,

Yes, I definitely think it would be great if there were a way we could streamline the whole process of washing and sterilizing nebs! It's very time consuming, and just a hassle all around. Everything involves some sort of washing first (ie. soapy water)) then rinsing, then the sterilizing as a separate process (if it's being done correctly). I know of one person on here who used a small tabletop dishwasher strictly for her nebs, so that it didn't get contaminated with food particles, etc. She made sure it heated to the temperature that the CFF recommended at the time. Not sure if she is still doing it this way, but you're idea made her come to mind. :)

Anyway, good luck, and let us know if you come up with anything!! ;)

Autumn 33 w/CF