Blood sugar improvement!!

jmiller1

Hi everyone,

I posted a while ago about this but wanted to send an update. I have been trying a new (natural) supplement to help with my blood sugar regulation (I'm pre-diabetic w an elevated A1C from last annual bloodwork). I have been taking Plexus for one month and have seen a drop in my 30 day average, my fasting sugars, and have seen several instances where eating the same foods that had caused me highs in the past were now processed much more normally and kept me in the "normal" range 2 hours after.

I was interested in this for my son but it looks like it is a weight-loss supplement? People with CF do not need to lose weight, they need to maintain their weight or gain weight. How does this work for people with CF?

Last edited:

jmiller1

Those were my exact concerns--
However the product was originally developed for blood sugar regulation and they found that some people lost weight as a bi-product.... So since that resonates with more people, they market that first. But what I have found is stability in my sugars, fewer carb cravings (which means I can stick to my nuts, Avacadoes, ... Nutrient dense foods) and no weight loss. PM me if you have more specific questions. Obviously it will work differently for each person but might be worth a shot while carefully monitoring sugars and weight. Is he insulin dependent?

Twistofchaos

Sounds interesting.
Taking a quick look at the ingredients though there's some stuff in there I don't like much and am also unsure which is/are the glucose active substances if any.

The Lipoic acid? The Chromium?

Good idea to pinpoint so they could be taken/tried in isolation. People that already have trouble gaining weight would really want to stay away from this supplement as a whole.

Twistofchaos

Oh nevermind. Another bogus product aimed at achieving life changing financial succes. Quote:
Plexus Worldwide is committed to providing our Ambassadors with life-changing products and a unique and rewarding business opportunity. The combination of our products and opportunity help open the door to personal success and financial freedom.

Thank you Twistofchaos. It didn't look right to me either, that is why I asked how it was supposed to help people with CF. Thank you for that clarification.

jmiller1

This IS a line if products that you can purchase and sell if you find them beneficial- but that's NOT why i tried it in the first place. I tried plexus because I had heard from several trusted Friends with type 2 diabetic family members that they had seen improvement. I haven't sold any and have only taken it myself. This product wasn't made for people w cf in mind, but I have found from the numbers on my glucometer that it has helped me! And the numbers on the scale haven't changed. I am a fellow cf patient trying to do all I can to stay healthy-- I wouldn't post this info if I wasn't taking it myself and seeing improvement.
I will do some more research on the mechanisms that allow it to help in glucose processing and see what I can find.

Jmiller - My son is at a perfect weight and I would not want to try this if it even gave the slightest possibility that he could lose weight. I have heard once you start losing weight it is hard to even maintain weight so this really is not a good idea, in my opinion or in the opinion of TwistofChaos, for people with CF. Thank you though.

jmiller1

Just wanted to post another update on my experience. I am finishing up my second month and really pleased with the results I've seen in my fasting and post blood sugar levels. My fasting average has dropped about 10 points and my 30 day has dropped by 11 points. In addition, I had a lapse in the Plexus supplement for about 5 days before re-ordering and had a crazy sugar high of 335 (after cereal). Eek. Haven't seen anything like that while taking the supplement.
I posted some more details on my blog if anyone is interested:
www.mycfplexusjourney.wordpress.com

Twistofchaos

Well, that stuff is making your body absorb less nutrients and giving you less of an appetite.
That reduces glucose levels same as eating less does.

Pinpointing glucose active ingredients would be awesome but I doubt they are in there. But if it works for you, more power to you.