Book recommendation

wanderlost

I just wanted to share with you all, since you are probably going to be taking meds at some point during your pregnancy and breastfeeding experiences, that there is a book called "Medicine and Mother's Milk" by Thomas Hale PhD out that gives a lot of great info about meds and safety while breastfeeding. For the most part, I think meds that are safe for pregnancy are safe for breastfeeding, but I found this info very useful. There is also a great breastfeeding site called Kellymom.com that uses this information to list safe meds for bfeeding. I used this info to get my doc to prescribe me levaquin just now - many MDs are not familiar with this work and I think informing ourselves is very important!!!

I won't bore you all with my other book recommendations, but if you are interested in natural pregnancy, childbirth and parenting, I read a lot and have lots of good recommendations if you ever want any!

wanderlost

I just wanted to share with you all, since you are probably going to be taking meds at some point during your pregnancy and breastfeeding experiences, that there is a book called "Medicine and Mother's Milk" by Thomas Hale PhD out that gives a lot of great info about meds and safety while breastfeeding. For the most part, I think meds that are safe for pregnancy are safe for breastfeeding, but I found this info very useful. There is also a great breastfeeding site called Kellymom.com that uses this information to list safe meds for bfeeding. I used this info to get my doc to prescribe me levaquin just now - many MDs are not familiar with this work and I think informing ourselves is very important!!!

I won't bore you all with my other book recommendations, but if you are interested in natural pregnancy, childbirth and parenting, I read a lot and have lots of good recommendations if you ever want any!

wanderlost

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>wanderlost</b></i>

I won't bore you all with my other book recommendations, but if you are interested in natural pregnancy, childbirth and parenting, I read a lot and have lots of good recommendations if you ever want any!</end quote></div>

oops, it's called <i>]Medications and Mother's Milk</i>

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>wanderlost</b></i>

I won't bore you all with my other book recommendations, but if you are interested in natural pregnancy, childbirth and parenting, I read a lot and have lots of good recommendations if you ever want any!</end quote></div>

wanderlost