CF and pregnancy, when it is safety?

helena

Hi,

Do You know when the pregnancy is safety with CF, is there some recommended limits? Is there somewhere any mecical guide or some document of CF and pregnancy?

My FEV1 changes from 49% to 54%, and BMI is 22.

Thank You!

- Helena -
30, w/CF

helena

Hi,

Do You know when the pregnancy is safety with CF, is there some recommended limits? Is there somewhere any mecical guide or some document of CF and pregnancy?

Thank You!

- Helena -
30, w/CF

helena

Hi,

Thank You!

- Helena -
30, w/CF

JazzysMom

In general I think most doctors like your PFTs at at lest 70%. BUT much depends on your overall compliance, bacteria cultured, support system, responses to meds, CFRD etc. One of the problems is that pregnancy can take its toll even on people with no CF so its hard to say how each CFer will respond. I had a fabulous pregnancy with my hemoptysis only rearing its head in my 8th month. Some CFers are in the hospital and having difficulties from day one. This is one of the big arguments when it comes to CFers getting pregnant.

JazzysMom

In general I think most doctors like your PFTs at at lest 70%. BUT much depends on your overall compliance, bacteria cultured, support system, responses to meds, CFRD etc. One of the problems is that pregnancy can take its toll even on people with no CF so its hard to say how each CFer will respond. I had a fabulous pregnancy with my hemoptysis only rearing its head in my 8th month. Some CFers are in the hospital and having difficulties from day one. This is one of the big arguments when it comes to CFers getting pregnant.

JazzysMom

Scarlett81

My doctor, (me and Jazzysmom above have the same doc) wanted me to be at fev1 of 70 for a year steady with no exacerbations for her to support my pregnancy-I should say for her to reccomend that my pregnancy would be safe. (if I or one of her patients got pregnant accidentaly I know she wouldn't drop them, but I wanted to have assurance that this was reasonably safe for me)That being said, when I approached her about pregnancy my fev1 bounced between 50-55%. So I had alot of improving to do, which I did. About 2 years later I concieved with her support.

Scarlett81

My doctor, (me and Jazzysmom above have the same doc) wanted me to be at fev1 of 70 for a year steady with no exacerbations for her to support my pregnancy-I should say for her to reccomend that my pregnancy would be safe. (if I or one of her patients got pregnant accidentaly I know she wouldn't drop them, but I wanted to have assurance that this was reasonably safe for me)That being said, when I approached her about pregnancy my fev1 bounced between 50-55%. So I had alot of improving to do, which I did. About 2 years later I concieved with her support.

Scarlett81

helena

Hi,

What did You do Scarlett81, that you get so much improving to FEV1..?
A lot of excercise..?

- Helena -
30, w/CF
(My english can be bad, because I am from Finland.)

helena

Hi,

A lot of excercise..?

- Helena -
30, w/CF

helena

Hi,

A lot of excercise..?

- Helena -
30, w/CF