Cf and religion

texascfdad

im a southern baptist. grew up in church, and still wondered why things happened to me. i dont have cf, but my son was born with it. and a have a little girl on the way that may or may not have it too.
let me tell you a story that may answer your why me question.
like i said before, i grew up in church, went everytime the dorrs were open. when i was 11, my parents started fighting and seperated. eventually at 12, my dad killed himself. one of the saddest days of my life, it still affects me today. but because of that, my mom met another man, bruce. he was a drunk, but he was close to a family in the little town down the road. we all went fishing one weekend and my brother was introduced to that families oldest daughter and they got married about 2 years later. at there wedding, i met my new sister-in-law's cousin. her and her sister lived an hour and a half away, but would stay the summers at my brother and his wifes house where i got to know them better. eventually 10 years after i met my sister-in-laws cousin, i married her. she had moved up here after being raped by her ex boyfriend(another why did this happen to me event). and now we have a son with cf.
the point of my story is that my father commiting suicide(what could be worse), led me to getting married and having this wonderful son of mine. everything happens for a reason, even if we dont understand them at the time. If our lives were all cheery and joyous, and easy, why would we need God? sometimes things happen so that we can learn to rely on Him. and some people may just be hard headed and need a little more trouble so that they will constantly rely on God. God is not about religion, its about faith. faith is believing and loving and relying on a power and God that you cannot see.
and yes, church is full of hypocrites. if you want to see a church full of perfect people, it would be pretty empty. church is a hospital for the sick, not a spa for the healthy. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life thru his Son *****.

anonymous

Miesl,

Check out this article:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.apologetics.net/bh%20testimonial.htm
">http://www.apologetics.net/bh%20testimonial.htm
</a>
John

Brad

Hi Aimee

I have never asked why, I have always had Cf so I don't know what it is like Not to have it....Maybe if I were to go blind,I may ask why....

I think it is different when You were born with something like this,,,
One thing I always knew, no matter how bad things are , they can always get worse, so I am thankful for the health I do have. A lot of people in the world
are sicker that me and You.....
Remember : I was sad because I had no shoes,then I met a man who had No feet......

You gotta have Faith, God has helped me thru so pretty bad times,
I more than likely should have been gone a long time ago,I almost
was 3 or 4 times........

anonymous

Amiee,
It is ok to doudt, we all doudt at times. I have a 9 yr old son and a 6 yr old son.

I struggled with the fact that my 9 year old has cf and my 6 year old doesn't. God why me? Why my son?? Why? Why because the Lord has a purpose a plan. We don't always understand or even agree. Thats the main reason He is in control and we are not. Once I turned my son over to the Lord his health has improved leaps and bounds. That doesn't mean I don't care for him and do the things I need to do to improve his quality of life, but I let God worry about everything now and I must say he has always been there. I may not always like or wouldn't have choosen the same path, but I will say he is never wrong.. When one struggle leads to the next I get to look back and say hey I get it. There is always something to learn and alway growth through every trial in life. The Lord will never forsake you. I wouldn't change the fact my son has cf, but I pray there is a cure. I will do whatever I can to help that happen, and I know God blessed me with 2 wonderful children. God knew I wouldn't set back for long and throw a pitty party, instead He gave me the strength to pick up my heart and trust him for our future. God is not the one that gave you cf, but he can heal you, let him... God bless you.
Please feel free to email me I have so much to say about my story.
laurainsidney@hotmail.com

mother of Derek and Peyton

zaydelmama

Aimee Sue,
I am a nursing student and I was browsing this web site for information on CF. I couldn't help but to read your posting and I would love to give you some of my insight. I also was raised Catholic, and even though I do not have CF, I have endured many difficult situations in my life where I came to the point of questioning God. My conclusion is this: God is not here to give you a "good " or "bad" life. He is here to hold you up when you are weak. He is here to carry you when you can no longer walk, and he is here to not give you things, but to empower you to cope with them. He does give you strength, determination, and the will to fight on. The greatest words I have ever learned were "Help, Lord." So many times I was down and out, didn't have a hope in the world, and those words took my fear away. I didnt know how I was going to get through the day, but I did know that I was indeed going to get through it. Faith is in your heart, it is not proof. It is not the cards that have been dealt to you, however its the smarts to know how to play them. I said a prayer for you. Next time the day is too much to bear, say the words "Help. Lord", and then feel the difference.

zaydelmama

Aimee Sue,
I am a nursing student and I was browsing this web site for information on CF. I couldn't help but to read your posting and I would love to give you some of my insight. I also was raised Catholic, and even though I do not have CF, I have endured many difficult situations in my life where I came to the point of questioning God. My conclusion is this: God is not here to give you a "good " or "bad" life. He is here to hold you up when you are weak. He is here to carry you when you can no longer walk, and he is here to not give you things, but to empower you to cope with them. He does give you strength, determination, and the will to fight on. The greatest words I have ever learned were "Help, Lord." So many times I was down and out, didn't have a hope in the world, and those words took my fear away. I didnt know how I was going to get through the day, but I did know that I was indeed going to get through it. Faith is in your heart, it is not proof. It is not the cards that have been dealt to you, however its the smarts to know how to play them. I said a prayer for you. Next time the day is too much to bear, say the words "Help. Lord", and then feel the difference.

zaydelmama

Aimee Sue,

zaydelmama

Aimee Sue,

zaydelmama

Aimee Sue,

T

theDUDE

see i dont think "god" actually helps, i think we do it ourselves with the help of family and friends, if god was there to help people, he wouldnt have given people a disease with no cure.

T

theDUDE

see i dont think "god" actually helps, i think we do it ourselves with the help of family and friends, if god was there to help people, he wouldnt have given people a disease with no cure.

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE