chiron and tobi?

anonymous

I am a little concerned about Chiron losing their license. Not only is there a shortage of flu vaccine, but isn't that who makes tobi? Does anyone have any news on this? I think I will call the cf pharmacy tomorrow.

anonymous

They do manufacture TOBI. I had kind of wondered if there may be a connection too. I did read a press release on Chiron's web site & it said none of the affected flu vaccines were released so there was no need for a recall. They didn't, however, say exactly why their license was temp. revoked, just that it was revoked by some health organization? in Britain.
Let us know what you find out.

NoDayButToday

Hi Everyone-
My mom had emailed Chiron out of concern and curiousity about where Tobi was manufactured and if it was affected. Today a company representative called her and said the Tobi is manufactured in the US, and not at the Liverpool plant that was shut down, so there was no worry.

ladybug

That is great news! I do not take TOBI, but I know its necessary for many CFer's. I was VERY worried what this whole fiasco with Chiron meant for them. Thanks for the info!