Clearing Plugs

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
This is our first experience with mucus plugs with Sarah (we have dealt with them with my husband). Anyway, how long after a sickness does it take you/your child to clear the plugs?

Sarah had an infection in dec/jan and was on a couple oral antibiotics. Her cough was getting better, then we had a cold hit the household so it was hard to tell what was cold and what was cf. Then the a day or two before her followup appointment in feb she coughed out a huge plug (atleast by my standards) and her coughing seemed to really decrease--almost back to normal.

Her followup appointment went well, her PFTs are on the way up (fev1 101 before getting sick, fev1 89 before treatment, and fev1 96 at the followup).

She is still clearing plugs. She will have a cough for a few days, cough up a plug, then be cough free for a few days. I know, I know - Welcome to CF! But I'm just wondering what other people have experienced.

We have an appointment on Thurday. She is going to get a high resolution CT done so that the dr can see what is going on. That way we know if it is "only" mucus plugs, how much plugging is left (hopefully we are near the end). Or if something else is going on.

Thanks!

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
This is our first experience with mucus plugs with Sarah (we have dealt with them with my husband). Anyway, how long after a sickness does it take you/your child to clear the plugs?

Sarah had an infection in dec/jan and was on a couple oral antibiotics. Her cough was getting better, then we had a cold hit the household so it was hard to tell what was cold and what was cf. Then the a day or two before her followup appointment in feb she coughed out a huge plug (atleast by my standards) and her coughing seemed to really decrease--almost back to normal.

Her followup appointment went well, her PFTs are on the way up (fev1 101 before getting sick, fev1 89 before treatment, and fev1 96 at the followup).

She is still clearing plugs. She will have a cough for a few days, cough up a plug, then be cough free for a few days. I know, I know - Welcome to CF! But I'm just wondering what other people have experienced.

We have an appointment on Thurday. She is going to get a high resolution CT done so that the dr can see what is going on. That way we know if it is "only" mucus plugs, how much plugging is left (hopefully we are near the end). Or if something else is going on.

Thanks!

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

Thanks!

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

Thanks!

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />Sarah had an infection in dec/jan and was on a couple oral antibiotics. Her cough was getting better, then we had a cold hit the household so it was hard to tell what was cold and what was cf. Then the a day or two before her followup appointment in feb she coughed out a huge plug (atleast by my standards) and her coughing seemed to really decrease--almost back to normal.
<br />
<br />Her followup appointment went well, her PFTs are on the way up (fev1 101 before getting sick, fev1 89 before treatment, and fev1 96 at the followup).
<br />
<br />She is still clearing plugs. She will have a cough for a few days, cough up a plug, then be cough free for a few days. I know, I know - Welcome to CF! But I'm just wondering what other people have experienced.
<br />
<br />We have an appointment on Thurday. She is going to get a high resolution CT done so that the dr can see what is going on. That way we know if it is "only" mucus plugs, how much plugging is left (hopefully we are near the end). Or if something else is going on.
<br />
<br />Thanks!

NoExcuses

For me, using the eFlow with HTS and pulmozyme helps me cough up a lot of my plugs.

not sure if you use the vest, but that helps as well. good luck!

NoExcuses

For me, using the eFlow with HTS and pulmozyme helps me cough up a lot of my plugs.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />not sure if you use the vest, but that helps as well. good luck!

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
We use the respritech vest 2-3 times a day for 30 minutes. And we use albuterol, hytertonic saline and pulmozyme with the pari pro neb.

I wish we could get the e-flow, but with our insurance it is just not a possiblity right now.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
We use the respritech vest 2-3 times a day for 30 minutes. And we use albuterol, hytertonic saline and pulmozyme with the pari pro neb.

I wish we could get the e-flow, but with our insurance it is just not a possiblity right now.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />I wish we could get the e-flow, but with our insurance it is just not a possiblity right now.

NoExcuses

most eFlow distributors will give you the eFlow for free if you order abx from the, but you might already know what.

what % HTS is she on?

NoExcuses

most eFlow distributors will give you the eFlow for free if you order abx from the, but you might already know what.

what % HTS is she on?

NoExcuses

what % HTS is she on?

NoExcuses

what % HTS is she on?

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />what % HTS is she on?