Closed...

Jennifer1981

Sorry for closing this thread to those of you interested. This thread was not meant to offend or intrude upon anyone's privacy. I only mentioned this story b/c it has been 9 years, and I thought it was safe to share. I also hoped that just maybe someone knew of her. Sorry for any problems this thread may have caused.

Jennifer1981

Sorry for closing this thread to those of you interested. This thread was not meant to offend or intrude upon anyone's privacy. I only mentioned this story b/c it has been 9 years, and I thought it was safe to share. I also hoped that just maybe someone knew of her. Sorry for any problems this thread may have caused.

Jennifer1981

princessjdc

Have you ever known someone who was diagnosed later in life?

not me but that was a very interesting story. Im kind of curious myself as to how she is doing and what not.

princessjdc

not me but that was a very interesting story. Im kind of curious myself as to how she is doing and what not.

princessjdc

treehugger

Jennifer,

I understand how she must have felt. I was diagnosed at 43 (a little over a year ago). My husband doesn't work due to heart problems and all financial responsibilities are on me. When I learned I had cf it was devasting. When do I find the time to do the treatments, who will pay the bills when I get sick - when I die how will my husband cope? How do I continue on at work as if everything is the same when I have had a total shift of perspective? Life goes on as normal for everyone else whereas the world seemed frozen to me. So, yes, I understand why she left. If I could I would leave my job and pursue a career that would give me more pleasure but I can't leave my health insurance. I am trapped-at least for now. The oddest thing is my sister is a pulmonologist with a specialty in cf. She is also a carrier. Strange eh?

treehugger

Jennifer,

I understand how she must have felt. I was diagnosed at 43 (a little over a year ago). My husband doesn't work due to heart problems and all financial responsibilities are on me. When I learned I had cf it was devasting. When do I find the time to do the treatments, who will pay the bills when I get sick - when I die how will my husband cope? How do I continue on at work as if everything is the same when I have had a total shift of perspective? Life goes on as normal for everyone else whereas the world seemed frozen to me. So, yes, I understand why she left. If I could I would leave my job and pursue a career that would give me more pleasure but I can't leave my health insurance. I am trapped-at least for now. The oddest thing is my sister is a pulmonologist with a specialty in cf. She is also a carrier. Strange eh?

treehugger

Jennifer,

princessjdc

Im confused as to why this would offend anyone or even intrude in someones privacy!?! Please explain? I thought it was a nice story.

princessjdc

Im confused as to why this would offend anyone or even intrude in someones privacy!?! Please explain? I thought it was a nice story.

princessjdc

Jennifer1981

I was asked at 11:00 am this morning by PM to retract my story to conserve privacy. I believe it was by a moderator, but I'm not sure. It never happened to me before.

Jennifer1981

I was asked at 11:00 am this morning by PM to retract my story to conserve privacy. I believe it was by a moderator, but I'm not sure. It never happened to me before.

Jennifer1981