Creon shortage?

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Has anyone heard of a national shortage of creon?  I am having problems with the mail order pharmacy not wanting to send out a 3 month supply.  Supposedly because of the shortage they are only allowed to send out 1 month (or less).  Is this true or are they just giving me a line?<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>edited to add...This is my 1st time using mail order.  With our new medical coverage it is cheaper to use mail order.  Our old coverage prescriptions cost was the same for pharmacy pick up or mail order.</div>

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Has anyone heard of a national shortage of creon? I am having problems with the mail order pharmacy not wanting to send out a 3 month supply. Supposedly because of the shortage they are only allowed to send out 1 month (or less). Is this true or are they just giving me a line?<br><br>edited to add...This is my 1st time using mail order. With our new medical coverage it is cheaper to use mail order. Our old coverage prescriptions cost was the same for pharmacy pick up or mail order.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Has anyone heard of a national shortage of creon? I am having problems with the mail order pharmacy not wanting to send out a 3 month supply. Supposedly because of the shortage they are only allowed to send out 1 month (or less). Is this true or are they just giving me a line?<br><br>edited to add...This is my 1st time using mail order. With our new medical coverage it is cheaper to use mail order. Our old coverage prescriptions cost was the same for pharmacy pick up or mail order.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't heard. I hope not as I need to call our pharmacy in a couple weeks for a refill, which will include a bottle or two I'll have to send once school starts.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't heard. I hope not as I need to call our pharmacy in a couple weeks for a refill, which will include a bottle or two I'll have to send once school starts.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Update...I called Abbott (makers of Creon) and they don't have a manufacturing shortage. She thought maybe there was a shortage with our pharmacy's provider.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Update...I called Abbott (makers of Creon) and they don't have a manufacturing shortage. She thought maybe there was a shortage with our pharmacy's provider.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<br />

samb

My pharmacy also always has shortages. We are in Edmonton AB and we always have troubles with the pharmacy being completely out. Good thing I always try to refill while I still have some at home other wise I dont know what I would do?!

samb

My pharmacy also always has shortages. We are in Edmonton AB and we always have troubles with the pharmacy being completely out. Good thing I always try to refill while I still have some at home other wise I dont know what I would do?!

samb

JennyCoulon

<P>I think it might just be the mail order pharmacy. I have one son that has secondary insurance so we have to get his meds at the local pharmacy and one that has to get his thru the mail order pharmacy due to my insurance. I ordered the Prevacid from the mail order and they told me there was a shortage but then I ordered it from the local pharmacy and they had it and hadn't heard about a shortage from the manufacturer. I just wonder sometimes about the mail since some people have to get the meds thru them or they charge you an arm and a leg for a co pay at the local pharmacy. My youngest takes Creon and we just got a refill about 1 month ago and we had no trouble. Sometimes it is just better to call the manufacturer.</P>
<P> </P>

JennyCoulon

<P>I think it might just be the mail order pharmacy. I have one son that has secondary insurance so we have to get his meds at the local pharmacy and one that has to get his thru the mail order pharmacy due to my insurance. I ordered the Prevacid from the mail order and they told me there was a shortage but then I ordered it from the local pharmacy and they had it and hadn't heard about a shortage from the manufacturer. I just wonder sometimes about themail since some people have to get the meds thru them or they charge you an arm and a leg for a co pay at the local pharmacy. My youngest takes Creon and we just got a refill about 1 month ago and we had no trouble. Sometimes it is just better to call the manufacturer.</P>
<P></P>

JennyCoulon

<P><BR>I think it might just be the mail order pharmacy. I have one son that has secondary insurance so we have to get his meds at the local pharmacy and one that has to get his thru the mail order pharmacy due to my insurance. I ordered the Prevacid from the mail order and they told me there was a shortage but then I ordered it from the local pharmacy and they had it and hadn't heard about a shortage from the manufacturer. I just wonder sometimes about themail since some people have to get the meds thru them or they charge you an arm and a leg for a co pay at the local pharmacy. My youngest takes Creon and we just got a refill about 1 month ago and we had no trouble. Sometimes it is just better to call the manufacturer.</P>
<P></P>

dream2live

<P>Go to the FDA website.  It will give you a list of the drugs.  I try to monitor the site at least once a week because their is already one of my drugs that ran out this past March.  We can not afford to "police" the rest of the world and make sure they have drugs, when our own nation is headed for a crisis.  </P>
<P> </P>
<P>If there is a shortage of Creon, I guess we have no choice but to switch to Ultrase.  Hope the FDA website helps in giving you all the info you need.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Rhonda</P>

dream2live

<P>Go to the FDA website. It will give you a list of the drugs. I try to monitor the site at least once a week because their is already one of my drugs that ran out this past March. We can not afford to "police" the rest of the world and make sure they have drugs, when our own nation is headed for a crisis. </P>
<P></P>
<P>If there is a shortage of Creon, I guess we have no choice but to switch to Ultrase. Hope the FDA website helps in giving you all the info you need.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Rhonda</P>