Direct DNA fetal testing

micheller

Hi,
I am new to this site. I am four months pregnant. My boyfriend and I found out three weeks ago that we are both carriers for CF. I knew nothing about CF until we learned we were both carriers. Since then, I am constantly researching the internet. We are waiting the results for our amniocentesis, but recently got results from a new form of testing: it is direct DNA fetal testing maybe also known as PCR. Our results were positive that our baby is affected with CF. I was wondering if anyone has had this test and had false positives or negatives. I search and search and cannot find much about it on the net....
thank you and god bless...

micheller

Hi,
I am new to this site. I am four months pregnant. My boyfriend and I found out three weeks ago that we are both carriers for CF. I knew nothing about CF until we learned we were both carriers. Since then, I am constantly researching the internet. We are waiting the results for our amniocentesis, but recently got results from a new form of testing: it is direct DNA fetal testing maybe also known as PCR. Our results were positive that our baby is affected with CF. I was wondering if anyone has had this test and had false positives or negatives. I search and search and cannot find much about it on the net....

micheller

Hi,

LouLou

Michelle, Welcome and I hope the test is negative. I haven't heard anything about PCR but that's not saying much. You might have better luck posting your message in both the "Families" and "Newly Diagnosed" sections. This section is mostly related to people with cf sharing their experiences of building a family (natural, IVF, adoption, etc.).

LouLou

Michelle, Welcome and I hope the test is negative. I haven't heard anything about PCR but that's not saying much. You might have better luck posting your message in both the "Families" and "Newly Diagnosed" sections. This section is mostly related to people with cf sharing their experiences of building a family (natural, IVF, adoption, etc.).

LouLou