Does anybody use a percussor?

Mumtaz

I've been using the Hill-Rom vests for about as long as I can remember, but recently I found a percussor that my parents used on me when I was a kid for about half a year. I started using it a little bit, and I realized that it is <i>way</i> more effective than the vest. I'm able to really pound the lower lobes, and can really get stuff up with it that I've never gotten with the vest.

I was wondering if anyone uses a percussor as their main therapy of choice, and what can they say about it? I'm using this old cast-iron model with a rubber cup. It's really more like a jackhammer. It is kind of heavy and it's impossible to get around the back. Are there any models out there that are more convenient to use? If anyone has one, did your insurance provider help cover for it? Thanks for any info.

Mumtaz

I've been using the Hill-Rom vests for about as long as I can remember, but recently I found a percussor that my parents used on me when I was a kid for about half a year. I started using it a little bit, and I realized that it is <i>way</i> more effective than the vest. I'm able to really pound the lower lobes, and can really get stuff up with it that I've never gotten with the vest.

I was wondering if anyone uses a percussor as their main therapy of choice, and what can they say about it? I'm using this old cast-iron model with a rubber cup. It's really more like a jackhammer. It is kind of heavy and it's impossible to get around the back. Are there any models out there that are more convenient to use? If anyone has one, did your insurance provider help cover for it? Thanks for any info.

Mumtaz

<br />
<br />I was wondering if anyone uses a percussor as their main therapy of choice, and what can they say about it? I'm using this old cast-iron model with a rubber cup. It's really more like a jackhammer. It is kind of heavy and it's impossible to get around the back. Are there any models out there that are more convenient to use? If anyone has one, did your insurance provider help cover for it? Thanks for any info.