How long before you/your child got colonized by PA

ymikhale

Hi everybody,

Just learned that my dd (3 y/o)has cultured PA again, allthough in small numbers. It is already the second time that she cultures it, the last time being when she was 18 m/o (also very light growth).

So my question is how long does it take to get colonized, or more like what has been your experience?

thanks in advance for your replies.

ymikhale

Hi everybody,

Just learned that my dd (3 y/o)has cultured PA again, allthough in small numbers. It is already the second time that she cultures it, the last time being when she was 18 m/o (also very light growth).

So my question is how long does it take to get colonized, or more like what has been your experience?

thanks in advance for your replies.

ymikhale

Hi everybody,
<br />
<br />Just learned that my dd (3 y/o)has cultured PA again, allthough in small numbers. It is already the second time that she cultures it, the last time being when she was 18 m/o (also very light growth).
<br />
<br />So my question is how long does it take to get colonized, or more like what has been your experience?
<br />
<br />thanks in advance for your replies.

amber682

My son cultured it around 6 months old. It was after a long hospital stay, so I'm not sure if he picked it up there. It only showed up on like 2 cultures, then never again until this year (he's 5).

My daughter also cultured it at about 6 months old, after an extended hospital stay. Then my son cultured it again. I'm not sure who had it first or if one passed it to the other. They both haven't cultured it lately.

Long story short, around 6 months old.

amber682

My son cultured it around 6 months old. It was after a long hospital stay, so I'm not sure if he picked it up there. It only showed up on like 2 cultures, then never again until this year (he's 5).

My daughter also cultured it at about 6 months old, after an extended hospital stay. Then my son cultured it again. I'm not sure who had it first or if one passed it to the other. They both haven't cultured it lately.

Long story short, around 6 months old.

amber682

<br />
<br />My daughter also cultured it at about 6 months old, after an extended hospital stay. Then my son cultured it again. I'm not sure who had it first or if one passed it to the other. They both haven't cultured it lately.
<br />
<br />Long story short, around 6 months old.

Gnome

I don't think either of my kids have ever cultured PA or any other bug. They are 5 and 3 years old.

Gnome

I don't think either of my kids have ever cultured PA or any other bug. They are 5 and 3 years old.

Gnome

T

TonyaH

Andrew was 9 months old, then cultured it on and off for the next 8 years or so being treated with TOBI only. By the time he was 9 he was pretty much 'colonized', for lack of a better term, and began requiring iv antibiotics to kick it back down.

T

TonyaH

Andrew was 9 months old, then cultured it on and off for the next 8 years or so being treated with TOBI only. By the time he was 9 he was pretty much 'colonized', for lack of a better term, and began requiring iv antibiotics to kick it back down.